• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Often Inspired Writing Contest

JoanofArch

Scribe
Let me know if this thread is in the wrong area.

There's a small site that is holding monthly writing competitions. They are looking to expand and attract a bit more attention, and these contests are a way to draw in writers and readers. Instruction are in their forums. First prize is $100 (there are additional runner-up prizes depending on how many entries there are), and the short story is featured on the site's page. He usually provides feedback for all the entries, and can go into more detail if requested. There's a different prompt every month, and in general it's a very fun, if small, environment. It's not specifically geared towards fantasy, but the site welcomes all kinds, and the last few prompts have had more fantastical elements to them. Maybe we can stir up some traffic between our two sites?

Here's the link for anyone interested in checking it out: Often Inspired

Looks like a good contest. Thanks for the link.

Hi, Interesting site you have here.

Thanks for the link, and I'd like to add I have a fantasy-themed contest for October.

October Short Story Contest - $100 Prize - Faery Horror

Y'all are welcome to enter.

Our two sites do have a few things in common - I see you folks celebrate NaNoWriMo as we do.

I like the Facebook connect. I'll have to see if I can get that on phpBB3. :)

Bill Burns - Often Inspired Site Admin

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey Bill!

Thanks for stopping in. It looks as if you have some great contests running throughout the year.