• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shardfall for now only 99c

Graylorne

Archmage
Shardfall_cover.jpg
SHARDFALL temporarily for 99c at Amazon.com

I am trying out the effectiveness of BargainBooksy, so for once I reduced the price of the offered book, Shardfall.

"Muus is only a thrall, a chattel without rights, but he knows the small, blue shard he picked up belongs to him alone. His commonsense saves their lives from cold and starvation.

Kjelle, heir to the Lord of a rich mininghold, is spoiled, and covetous of his thrall's tantalizing find. His greed causes an avalanche that leaves both young men marooned to die on an icy mountain slope.

Birthe, young wisewoman and huntress, mother of baby boy Búi, is brave and clever. She knows her way through the snowy wilderness of the Norden and her songs are filled with magic.

Now the three young people are bound together on a danger-laden journey to a lost and burning land, where Muus needs to connect the skyshard to the Kalmanir, the standing stone that is the world’s fount of all magic. The Kalmanir's time is almost up and it urgently needs to be replenished before the magic of Gods and men runs out. The two boys have to learn to trust each other, for all around them, enemies abound. Rebels threaten both the kingdom and Kjelle's holding, and a tribe of mad idolaters is trying to recall the banned primordial Old Gods. Even more imminent is Muus' danger, for it comes from nearby, from the shard itself.

An action-packed adventure in a snowy land full of betrayal, rebellion and danger."

Graylorne

Archmage
As promised:

BargainBooksy didn't really do it for me. 'Shardfall' appeared on Feb 24, and that day I saw a massive spike of 8 books.
That's it.

At a cost of 40 dollars not exactly a huge success.

It's quite possible the cover doesn't appeal.
I'm planning a one-volume edition of the whole Shardheld Saga, with a new cover by the same artist who did 'Lioness'. Perhaps I can post the image later today or tomorrow, as it is almost done.
I hope that will draw more readers, especially at a competing price ($6.99 for the trilogy against 3x $2.99 for the separate ebooks).

FarmerBrown

Troubadour
I saw your new trilogy cover and agree it's more professional and eye-catching than the first cover. Do you think you'll try BargainBooksy for your trilogy?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Graylorne

Archmage
I saw your new trilogy cover and agree it's more professional and eye-catching than the first cover. Do you think you'll try BargainBooksy for your trilogy?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thanks; perhaps I will try it again later. But not for 99 cents; that would break my heart :)

First there will be a month-long Enchanted Books Tour for 'Lioness of Kell', starting on the 15th, with blog-posts, reviews etc.

All in all I sold 31 books since January 1; that's definitely better than last Quarter. And not all sales for February are in for the Smashwords affiliates.

Graylorne

Archmage
In addition to those 31 sales in the previous post (+ 2 later this day :)), I made a quick count of 2014: a total of 38 sales.
(All e-books; my print book sales are too few to count.)