• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Unicorn-Eater FREE Until August 1st

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
The Unicorn-Eater, my first Splatter Elf short story, is currently FREE on Kindle from July 29th-August 1st. Click here to pick it up.

As a countdown to my next Splatter Elf story "River of Blades," released July 31st, I'm doing my first free promotion with Kindle Unlimited. If you missed this story when I first released it, you can now get it (QVC person voice) RISK FREE!

So far the reviews have been kind, but keep in mind that I have naughty language, lots of blood, and general mayhem. If you're into dark comedy though, you might just like it!

Some snippets of reviews:

"This was clearly well thought out and included some wonderfully developed characters that caught me by surprise. The comedy in this piece was dark and amazing. Few authors are brazen enough to go to the places Overby has taken us and far fewer are willing to publish it for all to see. Bravo, Mr. Overby. Bravo."

"It revels in its own ridiculous, over the top vulgarity. It's not cruel or vile, it's goofy and gory and gut-punchingly great. If you've got a sense of humour about unicorns having their entrails pulled out, then this is the book for you!"

"He also hints at a larger world, filled with crazy hunters, weird deities and even crazier monsters - damned well done, this being a short story. I'm definitely looking forward to more Splatter Elf!"

"The characters really grab you in the first few pages, despite their flaws I was surprised who quickly I came to care about them and want more. The dialogue is witty and fast moving as is the action."

You can see more on the Amazon page! Of course if you pick up the free copy, reviews are always welcome. Even if you want to say, "Phil is a poopy pants."

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
As an update, I got 172 downloads during my free promotion. The biggest wave was on the first day. I'm not sure where most of the downloads came from, but it's awesome that so many people are willing to give Splatter Elf the ole college try. I'll be doing a similar promotion with River of Blades, my second short story, very soon!

Cheers if you downloaded it (and thanks to Black Dragon for the kind words!) :)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Thanks so much, Catholic Crow! :)

I'll be announcing something regarding River of Blades in the next day or so, probably here in the Self-Promo forum.