• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Flank Hawk

TWErvin2

Auror
Flank Hawk is my first published novel.

Back Cover Blurb:
What happens when fire-breathing dragons battle Stukas for aerial supremacy over a battlefield? Can an earth wizard’s magic defeat a panzer? Krish, a farmhand turned mercenary, witnesses this and much more as he confronts the Necromancer King’s new war machines resurrected from before the First Civilization's fall. Worse yet, a wounded prince tasks Krish to find the fabled Colonel of the West and barter the royal family’s malevolent Blood-Sword for a weapon to thwart the Necromancer King’s victory.

Flank Hawk is set in the distant future where magic exists and brutish ogres are more than a child’s nightmare.

Some links which may be of interest:
What Others are Saying
Book Trailer
Reviews
Sample First Chapter and Second Chapter
Where Available (print and ebook)--and soon in Audio :)

Also some fans of the First Civilization's Legacy series started an unofficial fan club on Facebook: Flankers

TWErvin2

Auror
Cool news, or at least I think so.

My first novel, Flank Hawk, published in October of 2009 is now available as an audiobook, read by Michael Slusser.

It was a pretty neat experience having one's work performed/transformed into the spoken word. I know some members here have read and enjoyed Flank Hawk. Members who enjoy audiobooks, consider giving it a try.

It's available through Audible.com, iTunes and Amazon.com. If you're interested, you can find the direct links on my blog here: Links for Flank Hawk audio version

If you visit any of the vendors, you can listen to a sample to get a taste for what's there.

The process was interesting as my publisher allowed me to listen auditions and give the final okay to move forward. I then listened to the full reading, checked for errors, mispronunciations (such as names or places) and the like, to be corrected. It took a bit of time but it went by quickly, being both fun and an interesting experience. The second novel in my fantasy series has been contracted for audio, but the reader (Slusser) has several books slated ahead of Blood Sword. So it'll be a short while.

If you have any questions about the process, let me know.

TWErvin2

Auror
Audible has lowered the price of Flank Hawk (Audiobook Version)!

It's regular retail price is $24.95
($14.95 for members)

Sale Price is $5.95
($4.16 for members)

That's quite a deal and I do not know how long it will be available.

Here's the direct link to check it out: Flank Hawk at Audible.com

Last edited:

TWErvin2

Auror
Here's a link to an interview I did with Michael Slusser, the narrator for my novel, Flank Hawk, and who is also contracted to read its sequel, Blood Sword. He discusses the process of narrating novels, his influences, and much more.

An Interview with Michael Slusser

TWErvin2

Auror
For those with Kindles and/or the Kindle App, if you download an ebook copy of Flank Hawk (or if you already have) for $2.99, you can obtain the audiobook version for $1.99 through Audible.com.

Retail price for the audiobook is $24.95 (Amazon.com, $17.46 discounted). Although a listener doesn't need to join Audible.com to obtain the audio version of Flank Hawk, by joining Audible.com one can also get the first audiobook or two for free.

With the Whispersync setup, a listener/reader can switch off between the audiobook and ebook version, picking up where they left off.

Here is a link to an audiobook trailer to give an idea what to expect: Flank Hawk Audio Book Trailer - YouTube

For more information and links, visit this page on my website: Flank Hawk Where Available

TWErvin2

Auror
The Indie Book Blog posted a review of Flank Hawk (the audiobook version).

Click on over and see what they had to say:
Link: Review - Flank Hawk by Terry Ervin audiobook

Flank_Hawk_Cover_for_Blog.jpg

TWErvin2

Auror
For those in the United Kingdom, Amazon currently has the print version of Flank Hawk on discount at 71% off regular price.

Regular Price: £9.00
Current Price: £2.62

Note: Blood Sword is reduced 62% for £3.41

Here's the link: Flank Hawk at Amazon UK

Lord Ben

Minstrel
I saw the cover and thought "That almost looks like a Dragon battling a Stuka." and then clicked on the Amazon link to find "What happens when fire-breathing dragons battle Stukas for aerial supremacy over a battlefield?"

I now find myself $2.99 poorer. You know how to pitch a novel to me. :)

TWErvin2

Auror
I saw the cover and thought "That almost looks like a Dragon battling a Stuka." and then clicked on the Amazon link to find "What happens when fire-breathing dragons battle Stukas for aerial supremacy over a battlefield?"

I now find myself $2.99 poorer. You know how to pitch a novel to me. :)

Thanks, Lord Ben! Hope you enjoy it and how things work out with the dragons vs. Stukas! If you do enough, don't hesitate to post a review on Amazon.

Note: Amazon UK dropped Flank Hawk's price a little more. Don't know how long it'll last as I have no clue behind their methodology.

Regular Price: £9.00
Current Price: £2.58

TWErvin2

Auror
My publisher has made the Kindle versions of my novels available through Amazon's Matchbook Program.

Basically if you have purchased a print version of Flank Hawk, you can get the Kindle version at a steep discount. For Flank Hawk it's $0.99 (normally $2.99).

Link: Flank Hawk at Amazon.com

Note: The print discount at Amazon UK is still in effect (See above posts) (72% off print)

Graylorne

Archmage
I got it already months ago, and Relic Tec too. Now I only need time, or better said the ability to relax, and sit down to read them.

TWErvin2

Auror
I got it already months ago, and Relic Tec too. Now I only need time, or better said the ability to relax, and sit down to read them.
Thanks, Paul/Graylorne.

I have a copy of Shardfall on the way...sadly to add to my TBR stack as well. I may place it on my classroom bookshelves until I'm able to get to it.