• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Blood Sword

TWErvin2

Auror
Blood Sword is my second published novel.

Back Cover Blurb:
The Necromancer King has been defeated and his surviving forces are in retreat. But a new threat marches against the Kingdom of Keesee, promising destruction.

Scouting along the western frontier, Flank Hawk and Grand Wizard Seelain discover an army massing, the army of Fendra Jolain, Goddess of Healing. Weakened and battle weary, Keesee and her allies cannot withstand Fendra Jolain’s powerful army of men and beasts arrayed against them.

One hope of survival remains: Retrieve the Blood Sword from the immortal Colonel of the West and bring its sinister strength to the battlefield.

To accomplish this end, Flank Hawk accompanies Grand Wizard Seelain as she leads a mission across land and sea. Together they find new allies while confronting new foes, learning that the war ravaging Keesee is part of a larger struggle whose roots stretch back to the First Civilization’s Fall.

If the Blood Sword can be obtained, it must be done quickly. Every day means more death for the defenders of Keesee. Every day is one day closer to utter defeat. Even if Flank Hawk can deliver the Blood Sword to King Tobias’s hand in time, will the malevolent blade’s magic be enough?

Some links which may be of interest:
What Others are Saying
Sample Chapters: Chapter 1 & 2
Where Available (print and ebook)

Also some fans of the First Civilization's Legacy series started an unofficial fan club on Facebook: Flankers

TWErvin2

Auror
Most recent review of Blood Sword at Amazon.com:

With "Blood Sword," Terry W. Ervin II has expanded on the world he created in his first novel "Flank Hawk." My review for "Flank Hawk" detailed the amount of sleep that I lost in the few days that it took me to read the novel and "Blood Sword" is no different. As a current graduate student, I often find myself procrastinating on completing my assignments and "Blood Sword" has helped me accomplish just that. Ervin's story is fast-paced and action-packed while maintaining a great deal of character development in the main characters. The secondary characters become like family to the reader as it is easy to connect with them through the Krish, the farmer-turned-mercenary protagonist. Ervin's ability to take a plethora of mythical creatures, monsters, magic, royal intrigue, politics, and a touch of religion, and create a believable world in which they exist, is second-to-none.

I highly recommend "Blood Sword" to any reader, as well as the first novel in the series, "Flank Hawk".

TWErvin2

Auror
For those in the United Kingdom, Amazon currently has the print version of Blood Sword on discount at 62% off regular price.

Regular Price: £8.99
Current Price: £3.41

Note: Flank Hawk is reduced 71% for £2.62

Here's the link: Blood Sword on Amazon UK

TWErvin2

Auror
My publisher has made the Kindle versions of my novels available through Amazon's Matchbook Program.

Basically if you have purchased a print version of Blood Sword, you can get the Kindle version at a steep discount. For Blood Sword, it's $0.99 (normally $2.99).

Link: Blood Sword on Amazon

Note: The print discount at Amazon UK is still in effect (See above posts)