• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Self-publishing

AnneL

Closed Account
Seems like a sticky thread to answer self-publishing questions and provide resources might be helpful. See the "5 mistakes killing self-published authors" thread, where Phil_the_Drill linked to one blog post and I just linked to another. There's some good advice which people might want that's going to vanish down that place where threads go otherwise.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Could you be more specific about what information you would want it to include?

AnneL

Closed Account
I'm thinking a sort of Resources area/FAQs specifically for indie authors. Beyond that, I don't know: I'm not self-published, so I don't know all the issues, and it's not something I need. But I see a lot of questions from indie authors that seem like they would be repeated over time, and it might be useful for people to have a set of links or posts which address things that get said over and over. For example, the link below I imagine might still be useful to people with self-publishing questions 6 months from now, but they're unlikely to find it. I'm a big fan of keeping important information organized and findeable instead of repeating it every time the question gets asked again. Maybe this gets covered adequately already, but I thought I'd suggest it. Thanks.

Open Letter to Indie Authors | J.M. Gregoire

Hi,

If you're going to list important resources for self publishers you might consider lists of software programes used for everything from note taking and writing to publishing and graphics. I've slowly built up my own collection for cover design but am always looking for more.

Cheers, Greg.