• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What about a podcast?

I think it might be a neat idea to have either a weekly or monthly fantasy-themed podcast. Segments could include News, New Releases, Interview (whenever we could get any, such as when someone might be at a con), and Review (novel, short fiction, whatever). The first two segments could be assigned permanently, and the latter two could be contributions from anyone on the forum. Someone would have to edit the segments together and maybe add some background music, and someone would have to host the files.

I had a podcast a while ago that I recorded, edited, and hosted. It reached thirty episodes before I retired it. So I have a bit of experience in doing this.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I had a podcast a while ago that I recorded, edited, and hosted. It reached thirty episodes before I retired it. So I have a bit of experience in doing this.

How time consuming did you find the audio editing?

How time consuming did you find the audio editing?

Not too much so. I usually listened to the audio at double speed and paused only to make a cut at the beginning and end of a segment and whenever there was dead space or flubs (which was quite often; I'd suck at a live podcast).