• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Emoticon Suggestions

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Here here! :D :D :D Some that express a wide range of emotions from not feeling well/grossed out, to banging head on wall/what was this person thinking.

Here's a few possibilities, in order of how much I like them. These were the best fantasy ones I could find quickly on this one site, but there's other sites too. I think you might be able to use more than one group. In fact there's surprisingly little overlap between all four of these groups.

Dragon Emoticons | 18.435 MSN Smileys
Sketched Morte Emoticons | 18.435 MSN Smileys
Wizards Multicoloured Emoticons | 18.435 MSN Smileys
Lord Of The Rings Emoticons | 18.435 MSN Smileys

Last edited:
I quite like the LOTR ones. Not so much the 'dragons' - they look like frogs!

A couple of collections:

Smileys Repository - Fantasy

Fantasy Smilies - Fantasy Character Smiley Emoticons

Should we turn this into a thread? Emoticon suggestions?

The only issue with those is thatA) they are all animated which takes a ton of server room and B) They don't have a wide range of emotions, they are cute but that we have already.

The Dragons do kinda look like frogs don't they :) Again cute, but not helpful in getting ones point or tone of voice across.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Hey guys,

I'm not sure as to what you are looking for. As you already know, we do have emoticons installed here:

Smilies - Mythic Scribes Forums

Are you asking for more emoticons to be added, covering an even larger range of emotions?

I had posted this as part of the report-conflict thread where people were asking for more emoticons. I don't use them much anymore, but I do think the selection here is pretty small. I think a good range is two to three times the number we have. Someone suggested fantasy themed emoticons, so I looked a few up.

Hey guys,

I'm not sure as to what you are looking for. As you already know, we do have emoticons installed here:

Are you asking for more emoticons to be added, covering an even larger range of emotions?

BD, the problem with the limited selection of smilies here is that they do not help convey a "tone" This is something others as well as myself have stated many times in this and other threads.
If there were a larger selection of smilies then perhaps some of the miscomunications could be avoided.
Someone said forgive me I can't remember whom that they chose their smilies more carefuly then they do their words. I do this as well. To helps get a point across when words can be misunderstood. And I'm gonna agree with Dover. The pickin's round here are sadly slim.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
OK. I've never been a fan of emoticons, but I see your point.

I fancy myself a graphic designer, and developed the graphics and aesthetics of this site. Personally, I love the emoticons that we are using currently, as I feel that they nicely compliment the site's design.

So we should find more emoticons that match or at least compliment the style of those which we are currently using.

OK. I've never been a fan of emoticons, but I see your point.

I fancy myself a graphic designer, and developed the graphics and aesthetics of this site. Personally, I love the emoticons that we are using currently, as I feel that they nicely compliment the site's design.

So we should find more emoticons that match or at least compliment the style of those which we are currently using.

No one is saying you don't have a wonderful site. You do! What some are saying is there is a need that should be addressed.

There are millions (litteraly) of free web forum smilies for you and the other powers that be select from.
Mix match or make your own as you and the powers that be see fit. We can't tell anyone what to do. At the end of the day it is just a suggestion. Thanks for a great site BTW.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
New Emoticons Added

Oh don't worry, Blue Lotus.

I knew that you weren't questioning the beauty of my design choices. I was simply clarifying that I was searching for smilies that fit well with our aesthetics.

In any case, I believe that I've found some that will work. Check out the new and improved smilie listing:

There should be enough options now to suit all occasions.
:Biggrin:

Reaver

Staff
You rock, Black Dragon! Thanks for all the cool new smilies! Man, I'm REALLY startinig to like this place a lot!:dance:

Konjurer

Dreamer
I have to agree. Some might take offense to this one. Unless this sign is referring to something other than the obvious.