• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Is there a problem with the "quick reply" box?

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
After writing a good bit of text, it's giving me issues. It becomes impossible to move my cursor to the bottom line as the bar keeps jumping back to the middle of the panel. Is this just happening to me?

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
No other reports have come in, so it's likely that your browser is having issues.

Try emptying your browser's cache, and see if that helps. Also make sure that you're using the most recent version of your browser.

If neither of these measures solve the problem, give us some more info. Specifically, what browser are you using, and what version is it? Also, what operating system are you running it on?

In most cases like this, though, clearing your browser's cache solves the problem.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
Okay. Trying to replicate the problem before clearing the cache.

In most cases like this, though, clearing your browser's cache solves the problem.

Definitely still doing it. When I copy paste from the text above, it's hard to get the cursor to stay at the bottom. Also, the icons, such as the B I U and quotes symbols, on the dialogue box, aren't appearing.

I'll now try clearing the cache.

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
Cleared the cache.

The icons are still missing.

The problem still exists.

I'm using IE 8.0.6001.

No time to update now, though.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I haven't used IE regularly in some time, but I used to get problems like this on occasion. Not sure if it was IE8 or not. No problems in Chrome, though, if you want to download that.

Where I work, we stop supporting a brower when it falls below 5% of our visitors. IE 8 is at around 6%... and falling. ;)

I'd suggest trying both Chrome and Firefox, and see if it happens there. (I use Chrome for MS.)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Not yet Steerpike, I am still using Opera 10.61 but my friend keeps telling me about the more recent versions and all that they can do... so I will have to try them soon, when I have finally updated my Windows.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Not yet Steerpike, I am still using Opera 10.61 but my friend keeps telling me about the more recent versions and all that they can do... so I will have to try them soon, when I have finally updated my Windows.

What Windows are you on? I don't know what the requirement is for Opera 12. I think the Windows 8 Preview is still available.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I'm using IE 8.0.6001.

As others have indicated, that's likely the problem. IE 8 is outdated and buggy.

I'd suggest upgrading to IE 9, or trying a different browser. Chrome, Firefox and Opera are all highly recommended choices.

Let us know if things are working then.

I would always get this problem when posting to a forum from my mobile phone, but have not had this issue on this site...yet!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Firefox occasionally messes up the quick reply box, but refreshing the page seems to clear it up pretty quickly.