• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Suggestion for a game: What would your Characters do?

JadedSidhe

Minstrel
I was telling some people about some of the things we have on a forum I am a member of (Authors By Design) and it was suggested I make a suggestion for a thread/game for here. I checked with the forum owner, since the game was originally her idea and she gave me the ok.

The game is simple. You pose a situation and people reply with what their characters would do.

Example 1:

You are walking down the street, you see a man carrying a briefcase, he's walking very fast as he talks on his cell phone. "Yes, I have it. $100,000. The trash can on the corner of Ashley and Poplar. Yes, yes. Please, don't hurt them." The man hangs up and takes off at a very fast pace, almost running as he heads in the direction of the street corner he mentioned.

What would your character(s) do?

Example 2:

Your character is sitting in a restaurant. The couple at the table next to you start arguing. The woman throws her plate of food at the man. Fortunately for him, he ducks. Unfortunately for you, you are now covered in noodles and spaghetti sauce.

What would your character(s) do?

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I really like this idea Jaded, it could be great fun if you start it as a Challenge =)

It was an interesting experiment in the Mythic Chat, but still I think that a What would your Characters do thread would be more successful as part of our Challenges forum.

The questions would have to be more related to Fantasy worlds and Magic, though.

JadedSidhe

Minstrel
Thank you :)

I'm not sure if I could pull it off. Perhaps someone would like to take up the torch?

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I'll do it, Jaded. I think this is an awesome idea. If you want to run something like this with me, send me a PM.

JadedSidhe

Minstrel
Thanks for the offer Caged Maiden, but I've got a lot of pokers in the fire already.

I'm running WWYCD and several threads on ABD, as well as trying to get a character role play set up.

You'll do great with it.