• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Have I been flagged?

JadedSidhe

Minstrel
Just out of curiosity, have I been flagged for some reason?

I a thread in Writing Resources and received a nice little message that my post had to be approved before it showed up in the forum. This isn't the first time its happened, the other times, I thought it might be due to having links in the post. The post in Writing Resources had no links so that belief was just proved wrong.

I don't seem to remember having to have my posts approved before they showed up on the forum, but now they do.

If I've done something untoward, it would have been nice to have been notified.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I approved it now so you're question is viewable to all. Some of our sub-forums are moderated so that people don't just post a bunch of random stuff. The point of moderating these specific threads is to provide resources for our members and we want to make sure they are reliable before approving them.

Since you're asking a question that may be valuable to other people who use Scrivener, I approved it. I don't know if another moderator didn't approve it and now I'm overriding him or her, but if that's the case, we'll get it sorted out hopefully.

For your reference, the only sub-forums that I believe require approval are Writing Resources and Self-Promotion.

I got the same message right after I joined here, but after I had already seen my posts for other things.

My guess is there is some form of "carnivore" program here which seeks out certain words and phrased. For example, I heard that FarceBook was deleting some topics on firearms.

But take comfort in this. I'm the quintessential 'canary in the coal mine.' I'm going to get shunned, banned, rebuked and disciplined or all of the above long before you do.

JadedSidhe

Minstrel
Ahh, ok, I feel better now. I didn't realize that Writing Resources and the Self Promotion were moderated. Thanks for explaining that.

I got the same message right after I joined here, but after I had already seen my posts for other things.

My guess is there is some form of "carnivore" program here which seeks out certain words and phrased. For example, I heard that FarceBook was deleting some topics on firearms.

But take comfort in this. I'm the quintessential 'canary in the coal mine.' I'm going to get shunned, banned, rebuked and disciplined or all of the above long before you do.
No friend, it's just that certain subforums have certain rules. I hope you will please choose to stop talking to people this way for no reason. There are human beings behind these computers. You are making an unneeded fuss, and being quite rude.

No friend, it's just that certain subforums have certain rules. I hope you will please choose to stop talking to people this way for no reason. There are human beings behind these computers. You are making an unneeded fuss, and being quite rude.
Since that post was made back in 2013 and the poster has since been banned, I think we can consider the issue resolved.