• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mythic and Win8?

Graylorne

Archmage
I bought a new pc, Win8 installed. It's a 'moderately' awful mess...

I found I got Mythic's forums without the lay-out. The Home section is as it should be. Is there a compability problem?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
No. I've been using Win 8 for over a year on both computers.

First thing you should do, in my view, is google "classic shell" and install that. It's free.

But I have no layout problems with this site or any others.

Graylorne

Archmage
Downloaded classic shell, thanks Steerpike. It makes it a bit better, but still this is the most terrible mess.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hi Graylorne,

Is the browser completely different with Win 8? What browser are you using?

We've tested the site with every browser that we know of, and haven't seen any issues.

I would suggest clearing your browser's cache, and seeing if that clears it up.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
P.S. If that doesn't work, then there's a configuration issue with either your browser or your display settings.

Try installing Firefox or Chrome, and see if the problem persists with those browsers. If it does, then you need to adjust your screen resolution to a higher setting in order to keep text-wrap from getting out of control.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Hmmmm. Yes, it's odd. I have Win 8 on two computers, and no problems with the site on either one of them, in any browser. Actually, with Classic Shell installed, I think Win 8 is an improvement over Win 7 because of the much faster boot times and better performance. I'd say there is some issue specific to that computer.

Graylorne

Archmage
Hi Graylorne,

Is the browser completely different with Win 8? What browser are you using?

We've tested the site with every browser that we know of, and haven't seen any issues.

I would suggest clearing your browser's cache, and seeing if that clears it up.

The cache - they always say, clear the cache. And it worked, too!
I didn't think of that, seeing I haven't got this machine for 48 hours. :confused:

Enfin, it works again. Thanks, Black Dragon & Steerpike.