• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

forum for kids writers

It´s wonderful to have a place where fantasy writers can get together and talk about things other just dont understand. Thanks for this. But, is there any chance mythscribes can open a section especially for children´s writers? pretty please.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
It´s wonderful to have a place where fantasy writers can get together and talk about things other just dont understand. Thanks for this. But, is there any chance mythscribes can open a section especially for children´s writers? pretty please.

I could maybe see "Young Adult Fantasy," if that's what you mean, but Children's writing seems like a different genre to me. How young are you talking about?

I also don't know how well it fits the current structure. We have Writing Questions and Worldbuilding. If you have a question for "Children's Worldbuilding," where would you post it, Worldbuilding or Children's?

Hi, thanks for responding so promptly. Well, I write for Middle Grade, so I´m thinking along the line of 8 to 12 year olds. There´s too much in YA going on already but very few space for MG writers. Think: Diane Wynn Jones, Jane Yolen, JK Rowling, C.S. Lewis. Watership Down, The Earthsea books, Mrs. Frisbee and the rats of Nym, the Phantom Tolebooth... could there possibly be a place something like this here?

Steerpike

Felis amatus
My book is for ages six through eight or so. I'd be happy to talk about children's book issues.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Thinking about it more, I think there could be room for a forum for "Young Adult and Younger." I think there's plenty of substance there to warrant another forum and certainly lots of people here who write for the younger crowd.

We get a lot of forum requests, and I think having too many forums dilutes the community. So I'm always a little skeptical. I think I'd be on board with that. But of course it's Black Dragon's call.

Thank you for considering the idea. It sound like a start...we´ll see if others are interested and if it does have enough people to open a new forum. I´ll keep my eyes peeled!