• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Are we allowed to solicit others' help?

A certain webcomic author I like recently lost his artist, and since there are a lot of good artists in the "Fantasy Art" section, I'm considering soliciting on his behalf. Is this allowed? (There's a "Services" section of the forums, but it seems to be intended for for-profit art, and I don't think he has any money with which to buy it.)

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Truthfully, there's only a handful of artists at Mythic Scribes, and if we encourage solicitations I think we're more likely to drive them away or discourage them from sharing their art. Solicitations in a non-professional medium, I think, are more put-offish than anything because the people soliciting often don't have a good idea of what they're asking or getting themselves into.

So, the short answer, I would say without asking the other Mods, is no. The long answer, I suppose, is that there are still avenues to network about it if you feel you have an established connection with someone and would like to ask them quietly, via PM or in the chat, or in an existing dialogue. Just keep it professional and skip the rebuttals, and understand that hounding or soliciting members unduly could also be grounds for an infraction (which I bring up because other people might be reading this thread thinking about doing that).