• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Thank You Mythic Scribes :)

I was not sure where to put this, So please feel free to move it if I am posting in the wrong section.

I just wanted to write a quick thank you to everyone who made this website such a friendly and easygoing place for a novice fantasy writer.
whole communit
I had little more than a great imagination, great ideas and some basic writing skills when I found this place not too long ago, I found all the moderators and admins, and every single user I have come accross so far to be pleasant and helpfull.

The website itself is truly an asset to all writers in my opinion, from the people writing their first novels or short stories, to established writers who have been published. Sometimes even the best writer's hit a wall and need some feedback or suggestions to get the ball rolling again and Mythic scribes seems to provide all the constructive criticism needed to advance your ideas.

I wont rabble on and bore you all, However I just wanted to say a big thank you to the whole community; Keep it up. We are no doubt the best fantasy writers forum in the universe :)

SomethingToPonder

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Well, thank you and we're glad to have you here of course. I've been here since 2010 and despite a few hiccups along the way, this has always been one of the most welcoming, constructive places I've come across on the internet. And that's saying a lot since most places are like the Wild West when it comes to various personalities.

I'm not going to pat myself on the back, but I'd like to thank my fellow mods as well for the good job they do behind the scenes.

Thanks, SomethingToPonder. You've now given me something to...ponder. Why I've stayed here so long. Because it's awesome!

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I do think it's a lot to do with the modding though. You can have a website based community with a friendly and constructive atmosphere if you consciously strive for and work towards it and I believe that's happening here.

teacup

Auror
You're welcome.

Kidding, all I do is talk about tea :p

I agree though, this place is fantastic. Met some great people on here, and I feel like I've improved my writing loads thanks to all the help here. I'm really glad I'm a member, so I'd also like to say thanks to everyone making this site what it is.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Thank you for the kind words!

We have a great staff here, who work really hard to make this site the best that it can be. It's great to know that all of our work is appreciated.

Spider

Sage
Agreed. I've learned so much since joining and made friends along the way. Not many people make spiders feel so welcome.
So...
tumblr_m83lxkfzsK1rqx77s.jpg

Thank you. It truly is one of the most welcoming places on the net, Yes, the wild west is exactly the way to describe it.
You should pat yourself on the back. You have my thanks anyway :)

Best regards

half the people that have commented already I have had some discussions with, it seems that this is a site where you can log on, and recognize friendly names and just start discussing whatever is on your mind regarding your writing.

Your work is truly appreciated. Well done.

Last edited:
It is a nice place isn't it, kind of the fantasy-writer's Rivendell of the internet :). Yes it is nice to be able to log on and chat to the same people as last time, as well as the new folks of course.
In fact the people here are so cool and friendly I think this should be the theme tune ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

ALB2012

Maester
I agree:) The general tone is friendly and welcoming. Sometimes folks don't agree but there is none of the snarkiness found on certain other sites:) The research threads are handy as well. There is always someone to offer advice.

I would like to add my name to the list of those praising this site. No one in my family has any interest in writing fantasy and so i turned to the web, looking for others who shared my passion. Thankfully, i found them at Mythic scribes. This community has proven an invaluable resource for info and ideas, as well as a fun place to hang out and chat with other writers. I doubt my WIP would be half as good as it is now were it not for Mythic Scribes.
Thank you.