• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Of mutual benefit

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
I am looking for someone who would be excited to share works back and forth for critiquing. My goal would be to form a symbiotic relationship with someone who had a writing style similar to my own, who was interested in a similar sort of storytelling.

I guess then I should say that I am not looking for someone who gets off by looking down their nose at other people's work and telling them how much better their own ideas are; but in someone who is genuinely interested in developing a business (if not friendly) relationship, founded on honesty and the desire to make each other better. I have no interest in sharing my work with someone who is not genuinely interested in helping and being helped in return, or who doesn't have time for such a commitment.

Why am I asking? No one in my real life even knows I write, and if they did, it wouldn't matter, because they don't read. I have never had anyone critique my work (currently 8 full-length novels in various stages of completion). I am not published, only having recently sent out my first inquiry, for which I did not hear back.

If you are looking for something similar; a person with which to build such a relationship, please contact me.
If you have any questions about my writing style, I have two introductions on my portfolio that I would encourage you to read. I include controversial issues in my stories (torture, murder, rape, incest, abortion, corporal punishment, class discrimination, etc.) if it would bother you to read about such things, though none of them are main plot points, you might not be comfortable with my style.

Thanks.

Link

Acolyte
I never thought anyone would care about my own writing until I met friends who enjoyed it as much as I do. I still correspond with them through e-mail and give them samples of my work from time to time. Their feedback helps so much. You may be underestimating people a little bit or maybe they don't (or can't) read.