• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Official Mythic Scribes Lists?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
We all have lots of opinions. We all make various recommendations. We all have preferences. I'm proposing an idea that could give our community sort of a consensus of what we believe as writers, readers, etc.

That way if others who are new to the community may be looking for some opinions, these lists could be a way to get a general sense of how our community feels about a given topic.

For instance, writer's block. Who believes in it and who doesn't? Who is the best fantasy writer of all time? What is Mythic Scribes's list of top ten fantasy books? Are adverbs good or bad? Are cliches good or bad?

I realize there are no absolute answers to these questions (a lot of them may be "it depends"), but maybe having a starting point we could establish "Official" lists that reflect what our current members are thinking. Then we could do votes again every year (or sooner) to see if the opinions change.

I think a good starting point would be "Top 20 Fantasy Series of All Time." That way if we get new members, they can see what our overall community may recommend and then we can have discussions about them.

Thoughts about something like this?

Lorna

Inkling
Sounds good. Not sure if I can think of 20 fantasy series. Top ten series / books I could manage :)

MamaZia

Acolyte
I like the idea, but I am new to the forum. I'm liking nearly everything I've been reading on here so far. :)