• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Archaia

Geldor

Scribe
The Archaia are evil beings born of sorcery, they have the bodies of women but where their legs should be is the body of a great spider. They have a insatiable hunger and lurk in the deep and dark places ensnaring the unwary and overpowering the bold. They were formed when a sorceress named Elyra was scorned by her husband for a younger wife, she sought her revenge and with her acolytes sought the power of nature to aid them. She cast herself into a pit pf sorcery hoping to enhance her power, she did but she forever mutated her form. She found that she had a great hunger and forced the change upon her acolytes, those who refused were devoured. The Archaia fell upon Elyra's husband's home slaughtering and later feasting upon the serfs and lords alike. After the massacre the Archaia sought to sate their hunger and so spread to far off lands. Since their beginning many a monster and hero have slain the Archaia and so there are few left and they dwell in deep caves and dark forests in mazes of great webs praying upon those unfortunates.

One of my races, I'm trying to flesh it out a bit more, any comments and feedback would be most appreciated!

TheRedPrince

Minstrel
What exactly is a pit if sorcery? Is it a well in the ground that acts as a gateway to another dimension where chaotic primal forces twist and mutate everything that enters? Maybe she could turn other women who cross her path into drones to do her bidding via some ritual. Power of nature sounds very classical witchcraft to me, maybe that's a direction you could take it. It's a decent idea I think it needs alot more fleshing out.

Queshire

Auror
The drider style race with lower body of a spider and higher body of a women is a pretty common fantasy trope. Give me the elevator pitch, what makes yours unique.