In my story, one of the primary conflicts is the Ezkai, a highly advanced culture from the East, coming to the western continent of Adnos to conquer it. Here is some information that I have and will probably need help added or expanding on:
1) They have a lot of territory. If I can use real world examples, they control the entire Euro-asian continent and Northern Africa.
2) They are the technological equivilent to Europe during the 1600s. Only they have massive airships, Greek-Fire, steampunk tanks, and early flintlock firearms.
3) They have a massive military force. Over two million infantry, including Wyvern mounted soldiers, thousands of warships, and a couple hundred airships.
4) Their fighting tactics are a mix of Roman close quarters combat with heavy plate armor.
5) Every few decades, government officials start "rebellions" in order to help solidify the rule of the Emperor.
6) The Emperor is viewed as a god-like figure who never leaves his castle in the Sacred City. And when he does, he is accompanied by the Orphans, 10,000 ninja-like assassins who are the Emperor's personal bodyguard.
7) In resent years, the Emperor has gone mad ever since his son, the Imperial Heir, traveled to Adnos and never returned, which is the primary reason for their conquest.
8) The chief artifact of the Empire is Luckbringer, a bastard sword forged by a long dead race of semi-divine humans called Iminori. The sword is handed own from Emperor or Emperor. It is currently wielded by Noland Baas, Captain of the Airship Fleet, Nephew to the Emperor, 4th in line for the throne, and one of the "villans" of the story.
If there is anything else I can add or expand upon, please leave a comment.