• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New website and blog launched

Foah

Troubadour
IMPERFECT TITLE | Erik Tireland :eek:

I've been polishing this website on and off for a good month or two now. At some point you just have to say it's good as is :)

The blog post introduces you to the purpose of my portfolio/blog website as a whole, so if you go ahead and click the link you'll get some more information. I'd love to hear feedback on the post content's quality, clarity and the website's design. I am completely new to blogging and just publishing scribbles and thoughts, so a first glance feedback means very much to me :)

PS: Most project pages are empty awaiting content. This launch is mainly for the blog since it starts a couple of weeks before the project content drops in.

Ryan_Crown

Troubadour
I like the overall look and feel -- very clean, easy to navigate. And I know how you feel about having to pull that trigger and put the site out there for people to see (I've been steadily working on my author site for a week now, trying to reach that point).

Quick question for you, if you don't mind my asking -- what plugins are you using for your social network buttons (both the share links and the links to your social sites)? I'm trying to get those added to my site and haven't found ones I'm completely happy with yet. Thanks!

Foah

Troubadour
I like the overall look and feel -- very clean, easy to navigate. And I know how you feel about having to pull that trigger and put the site out there for people to see (I've been steadily working on my author site for a week now, trying to reach that point).

Quick question for you, if you don't mind my asking -- what plugins are you using for your social network buttons (both the share links and the links to your social sites)? I'm trying to get those added to my site and haven't found ones I'm completely happy with yet. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback :)

The social media buttons in the footer come from a widget plugin called 'Vantage Social Media'. My Wordpress theme is a reworked premium one, so not sure if that's available to all WP sites. The buttons at the bottom of every post and page is part of the 'Jetpack for Wordpress' plugin. Hope that helps :)

Last edited:

Ryan_Crown

Troubadour
Thanks for the feedback :)

The social media buttons in the fotter come from a widget plugin called 'Vantage Social Media'. My wordpress theme is a reworked premium one, so not sure if that's available to all WP sites. The buttons at the bottom of every post and page is part of the 'Jetpack for Wordpress' plugin. Hope that helps :)

It does. Thanks!

Foah

Troubadour
Twitter's up and running now as well, and if anyone would like a follow trade I'd be very much interested in that. Twitter's not really that big here in Sweden, and barely half a dozen of my Swedish acquaintances use it :)

So make a note here, or simply follow me and you'll get a follow right back. It would help me out in the start-up and I would appreciate every little bit of it :)