• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Any authours I'm Wales or uk

xerolee

Scribe
I am looking for some fellow authours here In the UK or Wales. Possibly to collaborate or start a writing group.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

xerolee

Scribe
No im not. Also most of the south of wales speak english rather than welsh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paul D

Acolyte
I am late to the party but have just joined and live in the north of england. I would be pleased to collaborate or start a writing group.

Thanks for the post. What writing are you doing? Do you have a blog or anything like that?
Paul, I am doing a wordpress blog at moment to concentrate all my world building efforts, although I share the updates on Facebook as it may be less daunting for a newcomer (FB/TalesOfEyria).
I am doing high fantasy (epic/grimdark), but for a amateur/semi pro level; meaning after this, I don't have any other plans at the moment. Although, I am trying to tackle seven novels for the main saga.

Paul D

Acolyte
Paul, I am doing a wordpress blog at moment to concentrate all my world building efforts, although I share the updates on Facebook as it may be less daunting for a newcomer (FB/TalesOfEyria).
I am doing high fantasy (epic/grimdark), but for a amateur/semi pro level; meaning after this, I don't have any other plans at the moment. Although, I am trying to tackle seven novels for the main saga.

I like your Facebook page and have followed you on FB. You have big ambitions and I like what you are doing. Me, I have written a draft novel in the high fantasy genre and I am going though it a second time now editing and improving it. I have a profile on the "scribophile" site and I encourage you to join me on that writers website. The membership is free (a paid option is available) and for that you can get noticed by writers of a high calibre (not me though! <grin>). I have ambitions too and can see us benefiting from our acquiantance.

I like your Facebook page and have followed you on FB. You have big ambitions and I like what you are doing. Me, I have written a draft novel in the high fantasy genre and I am going though it a second time now editing and improving it. I have a profile on the "scribophile" site and I encourage you to join me on that writers website. The membership is free (a paid option is available) and for that you can get noticed by writers of a high calibre (not me though! <grin>). I have ambitions too and can see us benefiting from our acquiantance.
Thank you Paul, much appreciated! I will join you later today, hope I don't forget. I am a firm believer that constructive criticism is a highway to perfection, and having that network really helps.

Paul D

Acolyte
Thank you Paul, much appreciated! I will join you later today, hope I don't forget. I am a firm believer that constructive criticism is a highway to perfection, and having that network really helps.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Another way for us to aquaint each other with our work is to share examples of our writing and give honest (and polite) feedback which is constructive. There is a webservice at "draftin" com that allows you to post up writing and for a partner to share the link and feedback on it. It is free and I wonder what you would make of it. Go and have a look at the site and let me know what you think as a way of privately sharing work.

(By the way I am unable to post url's as the website here thinks I may be a spammer!).

Thanks for the prompt reply. Another way for us to aquaint each other with our work is to share examples of our writing and give honest (and polite) feedback which is constructive. There is a webservice at "draftin" com that allows you to post up writing and for a partner to share the link and feedback on it. It is free and I wonder what you would make of it. Go and have a look at the site and let me know what you think as a way of privately sharing work.

(By the way I am unable to post url's as the website here thinks I may be a spammer!).
sounds like a plan, although I haven't used any of those. I am thinking if google docs would be able also a nice tool to explore.