• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Things That Make You Frustrated

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I know a lot of us can get frustrated sometimes with writing and it's fine to do that. But perhaps sometimes the best solution can be to just let your guard down and try to get out of your comfort zone. This video really highlights ways to cut back on frustration with your writing.

Never Giving Up on Your Writing

Gryphos

Auror
You're not wrong, Steerpike. If there's one message that video has about dealing with frustration is that you need to just never give up. But also, you can't let yourself down. When you do that, you just end up running around and deserting your task. I mean, sometimes it may make you cry, and you may feel like saying goodbye, but don't lie to yourself, it'll just make it hurt more.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I've seen most of this before on Lifehacker.

It's kind of nice the way that the video goes through it. But it's nothing new.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
You're not wrong, Steerpike. If there's one message that video has about dealing with frustration is that you need to just never give up. But also, you can't let yourself down. When you do that, you just end up running around and deserting your task. I mean, sometimes it may make you cry, and you may feel like saying goodbye, but don't lie to yourself, it'll just make it hurt more.

This is very true. I know the advice is kind of cliche, but it's timeless.

The Goblin

Banned
(...the goblin does not feel frustration; he just keeps on livewriting and postcounting and saying, hey world, everything in goblinville is a-o-kay and the goblin is positive to stay and if the world cannot dance the goblin way then everyone can just go away...)

MoblinBlue.png

Panda

Troubadour
I know a lot of us can get frustrated sometimes with writing and it's fine to do that. But perhaps sometimes the best solution can be to just let your guard down and try to get out of your comfort zone. This video really highlights ways to cut back on frustration with your writing.

The sad thing is that I just posted about how much I love April Fool's day right before clicking on that link.

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team

I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but for some reason the message of that video just made me even more frustrated. Maybe others can check the video out and weigh in with their opinions. The more opinions the better. I could use some perspective here.