• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A heartfelt “thank you†to everyone here at Mythic Scribes.

Ronald T.

Troubadour
I’m a relative newcomer compared to so many of you on this forum, and it’s been a pleasure reading your thoughts on the art and craft of writing.

I joined MS on 7-28-15, and since then, I’ve responded to a few threads and even offered a couple of my own. But my primary focus has been on learning about each of you and discovering your personal opinions on the various subjects. To do that, I’ve gone through the entire 153 pages of the “Writing Questions” section (3052 threads) -- a forum that began in 2-14-11, and continues to the present.

I began reading these threads immediately after joining this site, and I’ve just now finished the process. Of course, that was while trying to complete and edit my own writing project: an epic fantasy series intended to span six to ten books. And as I’m certain you’ve all had experience with, this was done while researching every unfamiliar issue or aspect of writing that caught my eye within these threads – particularly, those I might not agree with and therefore needed to gather more knowledge about.

These chosen pursuits are ravenous time-eaters, and that doesn’t take into account the time we all spend on the parts of life that can’t be avoided. So it has taken me awhile to reach the end. Even so, I’ll now return to the July section where I started, and work my way to the most current threads. At that point, I’ll feel adequately updated and informed to then become a more frequent “posting” member. Whether that turns out to be beneficial to anyone, we’ll just have to wait and see.

However, the learning experience was invaluable. I discovered details and information that showed me how wrong I was on certain issues, while finding endless support for those aspects of writing I felt fairly certain of.

In other words, even after more than thirty years of focused study, I’ve learned so much on these threads, and increased my previous knowledge to such a degree, I felt a need to thank you all for your thoughtful posts. It has been a fantastic mind-expanding process.

So, once again, my thanks to you all,

-- The Hermit in the Woods --

Incanus

Auror
Now that's what I call a thorough, meticulous approach. I certainly spend a good deal of time just reading threads too, but I don't think I've read anywhere near that much. Hats off to you sir.

And though my past posts represent only a small fraction of what you've read: you're welcome!

Looking forward to seeing more posts from you soon--

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
D*amn fine dungeon crawl, mate.

I've read nowhere near that many threads, but I wholeheartedly agree with you, Ronald -- here be treasures.