Read Reviews on Amazon

Thread: Boosting Productivity

Boosting Productivity

Just ran across this blog post about how a novelist managed to increase her word count per hour.

Obviously she is a professional novelist who likely has more time than most of us to devote, but she still raises some interesting points. I already do the first one, more or less, but I've never tried keeping track of my progress. Definitely thinking about giving that a try.
    Blog: Rant, Ramble, and Rave | My Stuff on Amazon | My Stuff on Smashwords
    "They sing of Grief. They call him an old king who ruled over men's hearts before we rose up from barbarity, and he was usurped by Joy."

Portfolio Entries
    You're telling me to stop slacking off, aren't you? *grumble*

I'm telling all of us to stop slacking off! I want Mythic Scribes members to be completing new novels on a regular basis!

Hm, I wonder what percentage of Mythic Scribes forum goers have finished a major work. Like, they-think-it's-ready-to-publish, finished.
    Blog: Rant, Ramble, and Rave | My Stuff on Amazon | My Stuff on Smashwords
    "They sing of Grief. They call him an old king who ruled over men's hearts before we rose up from barbarity, and he was usurped by Joy."

I know I haven't
    "Life is experience, and longevity is, in the end, measured by memory, and those with a thousand tales to tell have indeed lived longer than any who embrace the mundane."- R.A. Salvatore

I finished the first draft of my novel, but that was a couple of months ago and now I'm in the long slog of rewriting. This has included completely restructuring the last third of the novel, adding a couple of chapters therein, rearranging when certain things happen.

I'm mostly pleased with the fact that there were a couple of large passages (half a chapter or more) that I realized didn't work, and was able to toss them out and start fresh. Two characters end up visiting character A instead of character B. I kept thinking, "Now how do I get them over to B after they're done with A?" and then I realized that the whole set of scenes with B didn't need to happen at all, and so I didn't have to contrive some way for them to get there.

I'm hoping I'm done-done (ready for an editor, not publication) in the next few weeks. I still would like a professional freelance fantasy editor to take a look at it, to see what they think. Speaking of which, anyone know any good editors who would meet those criteria?