• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

expanding my Pen name

SeverinR

Vala
Just looking for some input on my last name.

Basic history for those that don't know.

SeverinR is Severin Rheinfelser in the SCA, but the last name is to long. So I cut it all out except for the R.
more meaning; Rheinfelser, one that served the Rheinfels castle. (My persona served that castle, near St Goar)

So I am looking for a name that is still in the namesake.

So I am considering: (Rhein river valley)

Severin Rheinman
Severin Rheinor or Rheiner
Severin Rheinson

or could go with the castle;
Severin Rheinfels

Severin Rheinlander would be different but just as long.

or going back to the persona- Severin Archer. (persona was an archer and son of archer)

*note: before someone accuses me of mispelling it, Rhein is the German spelling

JCFarnham

Auror
Personally I like the look of Severin Rheiner. Though I suppose Rheinfels is more in keeping with the overall sound of the name.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Severin Rheinor
Severin Rheiner
Severin Rheinman
Severin Rheinlander
Severin Rheinfels
Severin Rheinfelser
Severin Rheinson
Severin Archer

Above are the names you posted in my order of preference. I don't like Severin Archer at all.

You could also try Severin Rheincastle.

Rheiner is good. I'd avoid a surname that ends with 'n', personally; I don't like the consonance of it.

"Severin Rheiner" sounds very German, though; are you writing for American English speakers? That might not be the best name, in that case... unless you're writing about Germans, perhaps :)

San Cidolfus

Troubadour
If you're doing a pen name, why not go fully original? Try Dinglebert Slaptyback. That'll stick in people's heads. :D

SeverinR

Vala
Ben:
I am writing to English speaking audience about European style fantasy.
I have German heritage and having been to Germany, my descriptions would probably tend towards a German style.

I think I will go with Severin Rheiner.

Thanks all.