Fantasy Writing Discussions December 10, 2012

Bookmark and Share
  • Naming your gods
    This has always been a huge problem for me. Naming gods is one of the things I’m really not good at. For regular people, I draw inspiration from…
  • Historically Accurate Sexism in Fantasy
    I have come across an article on Historical Authentic Sexism in Fantasy…
  • Help keeping my plot on track?
    I’m having some serious issues getting the plot to go in the direction I want it to go, and it’s all my characters’ fault. I’ll explain it in brief:…
  • WW2 and Fantasy?
    I’ve come a cross the idea of writing a story where the setting is during World War 2 where a group of soldiers come across Fantasy…
  • Fun with Titles! (Noble and Otherwise)
    To clarify, this thread is about titles of authority, not titles for books and chapters.As it so happened, I got bored with calling all my…

• Naming Things
    When you’re naming things in a fictional world, there are several ways to go about making things up. Sometimes you make stuff up as you go along…
  • Ninja powers
    I am writing a book about Ninjas and only a few of them have special powers/abilities and I am wondering if I should keep their powers very limited…
  • The Line Between Purple and Beige
    So let’s talk about Purple Prose (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PurpleProse). And also Beige Prose…
  • Say Something Positive About Your Least Favorite Author
    We’ve had plenty of posts over the time I’ve been here that are directed to criticism of authors we don’t like. Generally, these authors tend to…
  • Writing the unreliable narrator
    In retrospect, I’m not sure why I haven’t asked about this already.I’ve spent the past few months trying to resolve issues in a rough-drafted…

• When do you do your best writing?
    I’ve always been one of those “go on long writing binges, disappear from the world” writers who works in fits and starts. Which is fun and Romantic…
To have future articles delivered to you, subscribe to our weekly newsletter or to our RSS feed. To respond to this article, leave a comment below.

Mythic Scribes

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

More Posts

0 comments
Sort: Newest | Oldest
Blog  |  Forums  |  About  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy