Fantasy Writing Discussions December 3, 2012

• Confused in the World of Stories
    Hello everyone.  I’ve just finished the 3rd draft of my story and I’ve hit a speed bump. It’s several story lines and they’re all combining in to…
  • Help with cilmate/astronomy for my world
    For the world I am working on I need some help on the climate and astronomy. My world orbits a O-Type main sequence star, has two moons, and has in…
  • Thoughts on POV’ing an Antogonist
    Wondering how people feel about POV’ing the antagonist at certain parts of the novel or even just starting the novel in POV of the antagonist. Do you…
  • Getting Started
    Does anyone else find it a bit tough just starting wherever? Do you feel it’s necessary to fully build a world before being able to write or do you…
  • Representation In Fantasy
    So my co-writers and I are all white, cis, (mostly) hetero people writing a novel that embraces multiple fictional cultures. On a readthrough of our…
  • So you want to be a writer
    The poem by Charles Bukowski gives his perspective:  so you want to be a writer?- Poets.org – Poetry, Poems, Bios & More…
  • Writing a “Hook”
    I realized with one of my short stories that it had lacked a strong hook, that bit in the beginning that makes the reader want to keep reading. It…
  • Types of protagonists in fantasy literature
    Hi all,I thought it might be fun and useful to make a thread on the kinds of protagonists found in fantasy. That is, all kinds of fantasy…
  • Does this seem like a Cliffhanger Ending?
    I have a four part series (tetralogy I guess you could say) that I am working on and I took a look at my first novel’s ending. Let me break down the…
  • ebook formatting
    Alright so converting my story into a azw3 or mobi might actually be more aggravating than writing the story itself. Anyone have any advice on the…
  • What’s the “made-up word limit”?
    Does anyone know about how many invented words or names can you expect the audience to tolerate? I ask this because I find myself with an increasing…

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

Leave a reply

CommentLuv badge