Fantasy Writing Discussions February 25, 2013

Bookmark and Share
  • How do you make a Timeline?
    I’m trying to create a timeline for my novel for reference because i don’t want to overlap events that don’t make sense in that kind of context.
  • The tear jerker
    One of my favorite things about a good story are the scenes where the author writes that scene that no matter how much of tough guy you are manages…
  • Military strength
    Hi guys, at the moment I am not sure as to how many soldiers should be in my fantasy world and what the size of the armies should be. I guess what…
  • Need ideas on how to show passage of time.
    I am at the point in my WIP where my MC has already suffered her traumatic childhood and has started to show magical tendencies. She is eight years…
  • Writing a Battle Scene
    Whenever I write a battle sequence it never seems to come out as I see it, for example, if I focus on the actual strategy of the battle I over look…
  • Languages?
    In my fantasy world, there are several kingdoms, all of which are ruled by humans (There are no races in my story, only humans). I take inspiration…
  • Cost of Creating An E-Book
    I read this short blog posts that itemizes the cost of creating an e-book. …
  • Finding the “one”
    I have been struggling with the choice of choosing between juggling stories for awhile now and I would like to know how you guys deal with this…
  • Writing in Past or Present tense.
    I know that when writing you want to choose the best POV and character to tell the story through. But the tense? Aren’t most, if not all stories…
  • Third gender pronouns
    I’ve a story with a third gender. I wanted to use third gender pronouns but saying “ve said”, “ve’s driving his car” and “ve sipped vis coffee”…
  • Sales from Friends & Family

Let me just say, I’m not unhappy with where I am in the journey of having writing being my day job. I fully expect to get there in 10-20…

To have future articles delivered to you, subscribe to our weekly newsletter or to our RSS feed. To respond to this article, leave a comment below.

Mythic Scribes

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

More Posts

1 comments
1FilchFelonious
1FilchFelonious

@Vanna_Smythe @mythicscribes I have a fantasy about being able to actually write... About fantasy. Got thirty pages done ... Burned it awful

Blog  |  Forums  |  About  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy