Fantasy Writing Discussions February 4, 2013

• Door number three: writing what you want, disguised as what your readers want
    There’s this idea that keeps coming up around here that you can “write what you want” and have a readership consisting solely of people like you, or…
  • High quality fantasy books
    I’m looking for some high quality fantasy books to read for both inspiration and for studying different writing techniques. I’ve read many books…
  • Snakes and other choices
    I have a snake that is an antagonist’s familiar. I need a name. Tell me what you like: Dither, Akimbo, Withershins, Bugaboo and Puckeroo.
  • Writing Tips from Tolkien

Six Writing Tips from J.R.R. Tolkien

• Overpopulation
    For me the most enjoyable part of writing a story is world creation, and sometimes I can get carried away. For example the creation of races and sub…
  • Leaping time?
    I’m still nutting out the plot of one of my ideas which I suppose might be considered a historical fantasy of sorts. The lead character…
  • The Writing of a War Cry
    I’ve been wondering about the most effective ways to write a character’s war cry.  I’ve seen it done different ways from actually spelling out the…
  • Keep from getting overwhelmed?
    I am currently working on a trilogy. This is my first story that goes beyond one book. I was wondering is anyone had any tips on keeping everything…
  • Fantasy Investigation?
    My question concerns creating an investigation plot-line in a book. It’s something I’ve known I would add to the story’s background but have yet to…
  • Likeability…
    I’m struggling with a scene. I have a minor character, Mari, who will become the love interest for one of the major characters, Dylan. Truthfully,…

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

Leave a reply

CommentLuv badge