Fantasy Writing Discussions January 21, 2013

Bookmark and Share
  • Naming my Races…
    I just started a new project (one I am very excited about!) and in the story there are no humans. All the races are different types of animals (with…
  • Weapons Without Metal
    Been thinking about this…if you had to make weapons but you couldn’t use metal (or only very little), what would they be? Can be anything from…
  • Your Submitting Habits
    For those of you that submit to magazines, journals, e-zines, or book publishers on a regular basis, how do you go about doing it?
  • Naming plants
    I want to include a made-up plant in my Fae books, but I can’t decide how to name it. The plant in question is a very nasty type of bramble, with…
  • Extra Content Questions and Ideas
    I’ve been working on the second edition of my first book for a while now. Not much in the way of content changes–I’ve edited I don’t…
  • Awkward revelation.
    Okay, so my main character, Yvaine, is a 17 year old girl who grew up living with her older sister Elaine (who appears to be 30 tops) after their…
  • World Development help please
    I need a little advice on this world and main character from this world. *About The World:* It’s a large world about 150 percent bigger…
  • Do these things bother others as much as they do me?
    Believe it or not, I’ve grown more tolerant of certain style/technique issues, but, in reading A Memory of Light, I’ve found a couple of things that…
  • Would this truly be a mystical place?
    One of the reasons I came to this forum was the idea of being folks involved in fantasy. While I’m not your fairy, zombie, or quest kind of guy, I…
To have future articles delivered to you, subscribe to our weekly newsletter or to our RSS feed. To respond to this article, leave a comment below.

Mythic Scribes

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

More Posts

0 comments
Blog  |  Forums  |  About  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy