Fantasy Writing Discussions January 21, 2013

• Naming my Races…
    I just started a new project (one I am very excited about!) and in the story there are no humans. All the races are different types of animals (with…
  • Weapons Without Metal
    Been thinking about this…if you had to make weapons but you couldn’t use metal (or only very little), what would they be? Can be anything from…
  • Your Submitting Habits
    For those of you that submit to magazines, journals, e-zines, or book publishers on a regular basis, how do you go about doing it?
  • Naming plants
    I want to include a made-up plant in my Fae books, but I can’t decide how to name it. The plant in question is a very nasty type of bramble, with…
  • Extra Content Questions and Ideas
    I’ve been working on the second edition of my first book for a while now. Not much in the way of content changes–I’ve edited I don’t…
  • Awkward revelation.
    Okay, so my main character, Yvaine, is a 17 year old girl who grew up living with her older sister Elaine (who appears to be 30 tops) after their…
  • World Development help please
    I need a little advice on this world and main character from this world. *About The World:* It’s a large world about 150 percent bigger…
  • Do these things bother others as much as they do me?
    Believe it or not, I’ve grown more tolerant of certain style/technique issues, but, in reading A Memory of Light, I’ve found a couple of things that…
  • Would this truly be a mystical place?
    One of the reasons I came to this forum was the idea of being folks involved in fantasy. While I’m not your fairy, zombie, or quest kind of guy, I…

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

Leave a reply

CommentLuv badge