Fantasy Writing Discussions July 1, 2013

• Myers Briggs for Character Creation?
    I’m approaching the point where I am going to really start creating my cast of characters and, while I have some ideas of what types of personalities…
  • Subtitles. Yes, No, Maybe?
    I’ve been working on a title for my WIP. I had one I was fond of but…
  • Writing a synopsis of your story
    Anyone have tips on this? I’m wanting to create a one sentence blurb about it well as a short one (few lines) but I’m having trouble. Any suggestions…
  • How Do You Handle First Draft Boredom?
    I’ve got a story that I’m dying to finish, however I am at the point where I’m looking back at it and seeing the bits that I don’t like and I am…
  • Quote in paragraph question.
    I’m working on a conversation at the moment and I’ve been trying to read up a bit on what to do an not to do. There’s a rule about how if a quote is…
  • Most Anticipated Novels of 2013
    A lot of these look pretty good. Any of them on your list?  Top 20 Most Anticipated Fantasy and Scifi Novels of July…
  • First Person POV woes
    Having posted one thread and gotten help so quickly I find another question I’m struggling with might need airing out.  I’m writing a dark,…
  • Writing accents without intentional misspellings
    I am new here and I literally signed up hoping for advice on this question since it’s sparse from what I’ve seen.  This one is…
  • Element: Sky (yes, another thread on elemental magic)
    I’m thinking about incorporating elemental magic as a piece of my WIP. It’s based in an Asian-themed setting, and elemental magics are common and…
  • Self Publication?
    I’ve always been a little confused on self publication. I understand (somewhat) how it works online but can you self publish a physical novel, not an…

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

One Response to Fantasy Writing Discussions July 1, 2013

1. I, too, have found that writing the synopsis is the hardest part. It might be because we still have so much to say that we cannot write only a few short sentences. :)

Leave a reply

CommentLuv badge