Fantasy Writing Discussions July 1, 2013

Bookmark and Share
  • Myers Briggs for Character Creation?
    I’m approaching the point where I am going to really start creating my cast of characters and, while I have some ideas of what types of personalities…
  • Subtitles. Yes, No, Maybe?
    I’ve been working on a title for my WIP. I had one I was fond of but…
  • Writing a synopsis of your story
    Anyone have tips on this? I’m wanting to create a one sentence blurb about it well as a short one (few lines) but I’m having trouble. Any suggestions…
  • How Do You Handle First Draft Boredom?
    I’ve got a story that I’m dying to finish, however I am at the point where I’m looking back at it and seeing the bits that I don’t like and I am…
  • Quote in paragraph question.
    I’m working on a conversation at the moment and I’ve been trying to read up a bit on what to do an not to do. There’s a rule about how if a quote is…
  • Most Anticipated Novels of 2013
    A lot of these look pretty good. Any of them on your list?  Top 20 Most Anticipated Fantasy and Scifi Novels of July…
  • First Person POV woes
    Having posted one thread and gotten help so quickly I find another question I’m struggling with might need airing out.  I’m writing a dark,…
  • Writing accents without intentional misspellings
    I am new here and I literally signed up hoping for advice on this question since it’s sparse from what I’ve seen.  This one is…
  • Element: Sky (yes, another thread on elemental magic)
    I’m thinking about incorporating elemental magic as a piece of my WIP. It’s based in an Asian-themed setting, and elemental magics are common and…
  • Self Publication?
    I’ve always been a little confused on self publication. I understand (somewhat) how it works online but can you self publish a physical novel, not an…
To have future articles delivered to you, subscribe to our weekly newsletter or to our RSS feed. To respond to this article, leave a comment below.

Mythic Scribes

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

More Posts

1 comments
eds_garage
eds_garage

I, too, have found that writing the synopsis is the hardest part. It might be because we still have so much to say that we cannot write only a few short sentences. :)

Blog  |  Forums  |  About  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy