Fantasy Writing Discussions March 11, 2013

• Creating a language
    Since I watched the Lord of The Rings films and read the books, I have been fascinated by Tengwar, the elvish language created by Tolkien. In his…
  • Query letters/Emails?
    I’m plugging along rather nicely with my WIP and taking a break from the actual writing until this evening. Instead, I am looking at publishing…
  • Another Fae story
    Have been working on my memoirs which can be *very* depressing so I decided to try my skills on writing fantasy, specifically about the Celtic…
  • Page Publishing
    Has anyone here dealt with Page Publishing? Just curious…thanks!
  • Myths Inscribed issue 2 is out

In case you missed the earlier announcement from Ravana, we want to let everyone know that issue no. 2 of Myths Inscribed…

• Swapping tense mid-story?

While writing lately I’ve found that I tend to swap between past and present tense a lot. Usually when things start to get intense and…

• Bechdel: Round Two
    As some of you have been waiting for, this thread follows up a previous discussion on The Bechdel Test about the role of women in your fantasy…
  • How original is this story idea?
    I came up with this idea of a story about a little girl that befriends a kind spirit that is trapped in a mirror. The story is in the Spirit’s POV,…
  • How do you make your characters?
    What is your process?  What elements do you use?  How do you characterize?  I am looking for your whole creative process for making your…
  • Too many heroes?
    In my WIP, I have a city who’s main export is, to put it simply, heroes. The equipment, people, and everything else required is produced within the…
  • Random House ‘Hydra’ Imprint Publishing Terms
    Well, at least the terms from one of their agreements. Looks like an imprint to avoid. There are a number of sites online where people are commenting…

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

4 Responses to Fantasy Writing Discussions March 11, 2013

• AlisonDeLuca I will put up another one soon!Les Miserables coming up next!Also working on some short stories!How is your writing?

• LorcaGonzalez Great! Editing the fourth and final book in my series and starting a new one. Are you publishing your stories?

Leave a reply

CommentLuv badge