Fantasy Writing Discussions March 11, 2013

Bookmark and Share
  • Creating a language
    Since I watched the Lord of The Rings films and read the books, I have been fascinated by Tengwar, the elvish language created by Tolkien. In his…
  • Query letters/Emails?
    I’m plugging along rather nicely with my WIP and taking a break from the actual writing until this evening. Instead, I am looking at publishing…
  • Another Fae story
    Have been working on my memoirs which can be *very* depressing so I decided to try my skills on writing fantasy, specifically about the Celtic…
  • Page Publishing
    Has anyone here dealt with Page Publishing? Just curious…thanks!
  • Myths Inscribed issue 2 is out

In case you missed the earlier announcement from Ravana, we want to let everyone know that issue no. 2 of Myths Inscribed…

• Swapping tense mid-story?

While writing lately I’ve found that I tend to swap between past and present tense a lot. Usually when things start to get intense and…

• Bechdel: Round Two
    As some of you have been waiting for, this thread follows up a previous discussion on The Bechdel Test about the role of women in your fantasy…
  • How original is this story idea?
    I came up with this idea of a story about a little girl that befriends a kind spirit that is trapped in a mirror. The story is in the Spirit’s POV,…
  • How do you make your characters?
    What is your process?  What elements do you use?  How do you characterize?  I am looking for your whole creative process for making your…
  • Too many heroes?
    In my WIP, I have a city who’s main export is, to put it simply, heroes. The equipment, people, and everything else required is produced within the…
  • Random House ‘Hydra’ Imprint Publishing Terms
    Well, at least the terms from one of their agreements. Looks like an imprint to avoid. There are a number of sites online where people are commenting…
To have future articles delivered to you, subscribe to our weekly newsletter or to our RSS feed. To respond to this article, leave a comment below.

Mythic Scribes

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

More Posts

4 comments
LorcaGonzalez
LorcaGonzalez

@AlisonDeLuca Hi Alison!How have you been? I have written a movie you might find interesting lorcas-movie-reviews.blogspot.de\/2013\/03\/9-hans…vAQ I hope you like it!

Blog  |  Forums  |  About  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy