Fantasy Writing Discussions March 18, 2013

• The tree-shaper and the wood

I got hung up on a detail in my WIP and I need some outside input.  In my setting there’s a specialized form of magic-use called…

• Futuristic/primitive technology in the same world.
    I was hoping to get a few other opinions about a world that incorporated both a “futuristic” and “primitive” civilization among the races. …
  • I think my *settings* are kind of author darlings…
    Usually, I like to focus on the little things. My conflicts are between a couple of people, perhaps friends, and the adventuring is limited to small…
  • Who Should She Choose?
    I’m posting this on behalf of myself and my RPing partner Gwen. We have a dilemma, specifically a love triangle, and we’d love an unbiased opinion to…
  • Basing Your Fantasy Culture on Real Ones….?
    One of the questions that has bothered me regards the use of real-world cultures in what a fantasy writer chooses to write about. Here’s what I mean:…
  • New Forum: Review Requests
    We’ve added a new forum:  *Review Requests*  Request book reviews from our community. 5 posts are required for access, and new threads are…
  • How many words should a fantasy book have?
    I searched for this thread on Mythic Scribes but it could of been another writing forum. Just wondering what the average word count is for a fantasy…
  • 1,000,000 words
    It has been said that it takes an author a million words to write their first novel. A million words of making mistakes, of learning, or making…
  • Audiobook Creation Exchange.
    Pretty limited by the fact that the book needs to be an approved Kindle edition prior to submitting to ACX, but otherwise this seems a great idea. I…
  • Plot first?
    I have recently hit the 35k word mark on the story I am writing and am finally off running. My beginning now feels complete (at least for my main…

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

Leave a reply

CommentLuv badge