Fantasy Writing Discussions March 18, 2013

Bookmark and Share
  • The tree-shaper and the wood

I got hung up on a detail in my WIP and I need some outside input.  In my setting there’s a specialized form of magic-use called…

• Futuristic/primitive technology in the same world.
    I was hoping to get a few other opinions about a world that incorporated both a “futuristic” and “primitive” civilization among the races. …
  • I think my *settings* are kind of author darlings…
    Usually, I like to focus on the little things. My conflicts are between a couple of people, perhaps friends, and the adventuring is limited to small…
  • Who Should She Choose?
    I’m posting this on behalf of myself and my RPing partner Gwen. We have a dilemma, specifically a love triangle, and we’d love an unbiased opinion to…
  • Basing Your Fantasy Culture on Real Ones….?
    One of the questions that has bothered me regards the use of real-world cultures in what a fantasy writer chooses to write about. Here’s what I mean:…
  • New Forum: Review Requests
    We’ve added a new forum:  *Review Requests*  Request book reviews from our community. 5 posts are required for access, and new threads are…
  • How many words should a fantasy book have?
    I searched for this thread on Mythic Scribes but it could of been another writing forum. Just wondering what the average word count is for a fantasy…
  • 1,000,000 words
    It has been said that it takes an author a million words to write their first novel. A million words of making mistakes, of learning, or making…
  • Audiobook Creation Exchange.
    Pretty limited by the fact that the book needs to be an approved Kindle edition prior to submitting to ACX, but otherwise this seems a great idea. I…
  • Plot first?
    I have recently hit the 35k word mark on the story I am writing and am finally off running. My beginning now feels complete (at least for my main…
To have future articles delivered to you, subscribe to our weekly newsletter or to our RSS feed. To respond to this article, leave a comment below.

Mythic Scribes

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

More Posts

0 comments
Blog  |  Forums  |  About  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy