Fantasy Writing Discussions November 12, 2012

Bookmark and Share
  • Wizards Vs. Warlocks
    Is there a difference between wizards and warlocks (not the WoW ones)? To me, wizards are the ones who can shoot fireballs or ice-balls and some…
  • Some Tips and Insight from Steve Berry

I was listening to Book Radio on Sirius XM today and they were interviewing an author named Steve Berry…

• Examples of Show vs. Tell
    I’m trying to think of good show vs. tell examples. Just something to help me practice conveying character’s personalities. What are your thoughts…
  • Ways of Addressing

My lady beta reader had a remark about my use of ‘boy’ between two youths of similar ages. My MC, who is twenty, said to…

• Book and Chapter Length Help?
    So, right now, my chapters are about 1300-1400 words on average. My longest chapter so far is 2700 words and my shortest is around 900. So far I’m…
  • Need reasonable physical indicator of drug use
    One of my characters is using a dangerous stimulant, and I’d like for long term use of it to be recognizable via some kind of physical indicator.
  • Zingers in Fiction
    Ever read a sentence or passage and think, Wow, that’s a remarkable sentence or passage. Could I have written that…? Most of my favorite books…
To have future articles delivered to you, subscribe to our weekly newsletter or to our RSS feed. To respond to this article, leave a comment below.

Mythic Scribes

Mythic Scribes is a community of fantasy writers and fans. Visit our forums and introduce yourself to our growing community.

More Posts

0 comments
Sort: Newest | Oldest
Blog  |  Forums  |  About  |  Sitemap  |  Privacy Policy