• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello everyone, just writing a novel here.

teacup

Auror
I'm English, as you may have guessed from my name, and also, I'm pretty much addicted to tea. I love fantasy, reading and writing, watching anime and playing games - mostly old ps1/Nintendo

I am currently writing a fantasy novel about revenge, death, love, magic and a long dead hero, all boiling down to an eternal battle between light and dark.
It looks like it will end up being a trilogy, but I'll see how it goes.

What's with all this talk of "writer's block?" I'm nearly at the end of my book (aside from needing to change the beginning) and never experienced it, I've just been flying through.

So what about you guys?

FatCat

Maester
Hello, and welcome!

Working on something, but I think I know why I've got writer's block. Coffee is the culprit, guess I better switch to tea!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, teacup! ^^

Funnily enough, I drink tea a lot, and I constantly have writer's block. :/ What am I doing wrong?

teacup

Auror
I have no idea, I've heard writer's block is normal. I just don't know - I've enjoyed writing all the way through with no problems, it's weird.

teacup

Auror
It could all be terrible and I'm just being optimistic with it for all I know haha.

Hooray, another tea-addict! Welcome to the Scribes Teacup, I myself have many cups a day, and yes I have writers block. Partly due to needing more experience before continuing my current project, but thats a long story and not very interesting. Hope you like it here.

teacup

Auror
Yeah the people seem really nice and helpful thanks.
It's just odd though because I know writer's block is natural and I have no experience whatsoever other than any schoolwork I did. I'm probably going to finish and read through it and get a nasty surprise so I have to change everything aren't I aha.

Well, as for another new guy interfering here, for me, at least, having outline the whole story helps a lot against writer block, but sometimes you have the block during the outline..

A think, one of the best advises I read so far (from Faith Hunter if my memory is right) is: if you get stuck in the story, kill someone.

I am a coffee addict.

We shall henceforth be nemeses to each other, until the day our paths cross and the eternal struggle of Tea v. Coffee is finally settled in an epic battle that shall echo through the ages!