• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

Eurthantian

Dreamer
Have been writing for years and am now venturing into the world of digital self publishing. Thought I'd connect around online to keep updated on trends, and this forum looked good. I'm a fan of traditional fantasy(LOTR, etc), but, oddly, my writing is non traditional fantasy. Perhaps I'm just weird. Sometimes life's just like that.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome Eurthantian
Around here some of the locals are weirder than others but we're all still friendly.
hope you find Mythic Scribes as entertaining and useful as I have.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the scribes. We're a friendly bunch and there's loads of resources here to help you on your way. Glad to have you.

Hello! Welcome fellow newcomer.

LOTR is high fantasy.Traditional fantasy is fairytales, and fantasy based on mythology (The Iliad, or Rumplestiltskin). I don't mean to be annoying about the definition, but I'm a fantasy genre blogger. I focus on defining the genre, and its sub-genre's. Anyways, welcome!

Last edited:

Eurthantian

Dreamer
Thanks all for the kind welcome.

Hello! Welcome fellow newcomer.

LOTR is high fantasy.Traditional fantasy is fairytales, and fantasy based on mythology (The Iliad, or Rumplestiltskin). I don't mean to be annoying about the definition, but I'm a fantasy genre blogger. I focus on defining the genre, and its sub-genre's. Anyways, welcome!

It'll be interesting where you think my sub-sub genre goes. :D

Technically you are correct; ironically, being also a fan of folklore(mostly Celtic), I never think of folktales as fantasy, per se.

I used to keep track of minute genre details. Then I became chary of certain "subgenres" which appeared to be marketing ploys more than anything based on the organic growth of storytelling styles, and I let my hair down about the whole thing.

Anyway as long as we're having fun and the readers are happy, that's what counts!