• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Brandon Sanderson's THE STORMLIGHT ARCHIVE

Nightender

Minstrel
The Way of Kings was incredible and original in both character and setting. TOR is doing a sale right now, offering the ebook for $2.99 in the US, with Sanderson trying to get UK markets to follow suit.

I'd already gotten the hardcover, but I use my Nook to read when I work out, so I got a digital copy too.

I'm excited about Words of Radiance since the lead character for it is going to be their/scholar Shallan, my favorite character from The Way of Kings.

Anyone else excited?

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I haven't finished Way of Kings yet. I have the hardcover as well, and it's a big book, so the only time I usually read it is if I'm laying in bed or something. I have a feeling it's going to take me a while to finish it. I like what I've read so far and I expect I'll be sticking with the series when the next one comes out.

Aspasia

Sage
I've just started it. I think it's pretty good! It's definately unusual, I'm interested in seeing where Sanderson goes with this. I've put it on hold for now, though, as I've just got Wise Man's Fear by Rothfuss, and I am going to read that first. Sanderson's plots always have an unexpected twist that I never see coming ... can't wait till I get to that in Way of Kings.

Sheriff Woody

Troubadour
I have the first book, but probably won't get to in for a little while. After A Storm of Swords, I need something shorter.

Nightender

Minstrel
I would need something short, too, Sheriff Woody. When you get to The Way of Kings, I hope you enjoy it.

Right now, I'm trying to pace myself and keep to the plan of the re-read on Tor.com, which is pretty easy since I can read quite a bit when I work out.

I have read it! oh my, what a story! completely original, great magic, great character's, great writing. looking forward to WORDS OF RADIANCE:)

One of the best books that I have ever read. I also love how he makes nods to several of his other Cosmere stories. Like in the Ishikk interlude where we have Demoux, Galladon, and one other character from another world. Or how he references Ati(um) in an epigraph.