• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Map of Ellias from the Call of Heroes universe

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Hello,

Since we're sharing maps, I'll share mine. This is an overview of the continent of Ellias.

Ellias+Overview.jpg

ThomasCardin

Minstrel
It reads very well. Dagor stands out to me because it is the only lettering that is vertically aligned. Is there a significance to the red rivers?

Ireth

Myth Weaver
I'm curious about the big southwestern forest being singled out as "living". Are all the other forests dead?

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
If we're supposed to offer critiques, I think too many of the words are at the same 45 degree rotation. Some of them fit the landscape that way, but a few of them don't, and those are the ones that make it look funny. It didn't stand out until the second or third time I looked at it, so I don't make much of it.

The mountains make a big divide between the east and west side of the continent. I'm curious as to how that plays out in the story.

((edit))

I just wanted to add, one of the things that helped me with a map I had done was tilting the page around. Everything just felt more natural afterwards. For instance, your mountains go straight up through the middle. If you turned the map a little, the angle won't look as convenient or forced. And if you tilt it 45 degrees, you could probably get most of your words going straighter across, which is less artistic but easier on the reader.

Last edited:

AVCortez

Dreamer
Subtle, and has a lot of old world charm. I really like it, as I have a tendency to go overboard with my maps. The result being a cluttered image.