• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Nihal

Vala
What a weird and interesting thread, hahaha!

PlotHolio, share the link of your comic when you release, I'm curious to see it!

--
I've not reached any impressive amount of words at all. I've drafted a prologue that doesn't sound like complete shit for me, I may use it or not, it's 2965 words only and needs polishing. Yet it's not the source of my joy.

I'm happy because I've stumbled on this forum. It's unlike any place on the internet of today, a rare place with a rare community, it's like if it was pulled directly out of the memories of my childhood. Discover such place cheered me up and got me looking forward to finally develop my stories. In less than a week I've been doing more work on them than last months.

I'm not sure if I'm praising myself or praising the community, haha.

Darkblade

Troubadour
I did it! I got published! With my first ever submission too. I'm so happy right now I might very well explode.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
Congratulations Darkblade. When you're able to, be sure to post where your story is published and when we should expect to see it.

Ankari

Hero Breaker
I know the feeling, Sparkie! Awesome!

On a totally unrelated note, I hit the 36K mark of my WIP. Only another (estimated) 160K. I think I need to do some trimming....

Filk

Troubadour
Less than 400 words and 25+ hours to write 7k words in a week. Now to keep up the pace!

Last edited:
Well, I've finally finished the draft of Chapter 2. WOW!

I reckon when I go over it I'll find it horrible but I know that all the things I wanted out of my head have finally been removed. After a week of editing I'll hopefully find it palatable :p

So far: 2 Chapters, 19 pages total, 15k words.

I'll enjoy my sleep tonight and then start my editing tomorrow afternoon (after a day of lazing around in the sun, drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes and reading the newspaper!).

Once I've done a first edit, I'll move onto finding someone to tear two chapters apart for me :)

Happy Easter, everyone.

Fyri

Inkling
Finally got to writing a climactic point in my novel! After long periods of writers block and short periods of relief in between, this is an excellent moment for me! All I want to do is write. Ah, inspiration! :)

I figured out Smashwords' meatgrinder, and I got a huge bottle of ginger ale. Yummy!

Oh, and I published my first ever novel a few days ago.

Maybe I'll receive an owl from Hogwarts as a reward! Or even better... a mist cloak!

I figured out Smashwords' meatgrinder, and I got a huge bottle of ginger ale. Yummy!

Oh, and I published my first ever novel a few days ago.

Maybe I'll receive an owl from Hogwarts as a reward! Or even better... a mist cloak!

Congrats! It's a great feeling to publish a first novel. Believe me, I don't know.
I saw it in the Self-Promotion forum. Looks great.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Today I have finished at last the culminating chapter of my Joan of England Trilogy =)

The chapter is called Crystals in the Sky, and it details the final battle of the story, the end of the Shadows War and the true beginning of a wonderful new world... Queen Eternal is now 79079 words long, and my intention is to write two more chapters and then it will be finished.

I am so happy and proud right now!!

Sparkie

Auror
Today I have finished at last the culminating chapter of my Joan of England Trilogy =)

The chapter is called Crystals in the Sky, and it details the final battle of the story, the end of the Shadows War and the true beginning of a wonderful new world... Queen Eternal is now 79079 words long, and my intention is to write two more chapters and then it will be finished.

Remember this post: http://mythicscribes.com/forums/chit-chat/6938-matching-ms-gifts-members.html#post87433? This is where I gave you the title of Official Mythic Scribes Sorceress. And now, due to the above accomplishment, I hereby deem thee Sheilawisz, Official Grand Sorceress of Mythic Scribes!

Fyri

Inkling
After much writers block and doubt, I have finished the third book in the no longer trilogy and found out I have enough ideas for a fourth book. Looks like I get to spend another year in this world! Now I just need to figure out how the final battle is going down...

TWErvin2

Auror

Very cool. VERY!

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
@Butterfly, Sparkie, Legendary and Terry: Thank you very much for your posts of appreciation, you made me feel great =)

I have been working on my Joan of England story since 2007, so it really feels good and exciting to be so close, at last, to finish the entire thing. I promise that when I write the last chapter of Queen Eternal, I will immediately announce it in this thread.

@Rhizanthella: Congratulations!! I hope that you will write the fourth book of your series.