• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Mythic Guide to Characters - Goodreads Giveaway

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Friends,

I am holding a giveaway of my new book, The Mythic Guide to Characters: Writing Characters Who Enchant and Inspire, on Goodreads from March 28 - April 5.

You can enter the giveway here:

Giveaway for The Mythic Guide to Characters by Antonio Del Drago

How do you create characters who are so compelling that they hook readers from the start?

In this guide, you will discover:

• The secret to writing multidimensional characters
  • How to develop your character's unconscious motivations
  • Four ways in which characters interact with their worlds
  • Five formative relationships that shape your character
  • Nine mythic archetypes and how to use them
  • The difference between proactive and reactive protagonists
  • Ways to define a character through dialogue and physicality
The guide also includes a detailed worksheet that walks you through the stages of character development.

Start Reading:

Let me know if you have any questions about the book. I had a lot of fun writing it, and I believe that it is a useful resource for our community.

Thanks!
Tony

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Damn, available only in the US.

Hey Darkblade,

Where are you located?

The Goodreads giveaway is limited to the U.S. because it's for the paperback version, and international shipping can get pricey. We will be hosting an ebook version giveaway here on Mythic Scribes in a little over a week.

SeverinR

Vala
Does it have the standard 10% sample for ebooks? I might need to set up my computer for ebooks.
Oh, forgot, my daughter loaned me her Kindle.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Does it have the standard 10% sample for ebooks? I might need to set up my computer for ebooks.
Oh, forgot, my daughter loaned me her Kindle.

You can view a sample on Amazon. I'm very new to Goodreads, so I'm not sure how things are done there. Is it standard practice to have a sample there as well?

SeverinR

Vala
I just bought: 'The Mythic Guide to Characters: Writing Characters Who Enchant and Inspire' by Antonio del Drago