• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello and well met!

Scribe Lord

Minstrel
Hey, fellow fantasy writers! I was looking for something along the lines of this site for a long time and I'm glad I finally found it.

Now, about myself... Well, ever since my dad read me Tolkien's 'Hobbit' I have never stopped reading fantasy. A little ways back, I thought I'd give it a try myself. By now I've written quite a few pages from various books I'm writing. I think the problem with me is that I spend too much time creating every detail in the world that it takes too long to get to the actual story. Hopefully one day in my life I will finally finish one :p .

Anyways from what I've seen of the site, it looks great and I hope to learn much from it!

Phietadix

Auror
Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here, plenty of useful stuff and timewasting nonsense. Well, and useful nonsense too. Well, nonsense in general. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. And well met!

Hey, Scribe Lord. I've had that same problem for many, mnay years - so much time in development that hasn't always translated into actual writing!

I keep telling myself that it's all going to be worth it once I get stuck into the writing, which I've been trying to do these last few weeks. Let's hope we both find our efforts worthwhile.

teacup

Auror
Hey there, and welcome.
I just finished The Hobbit last night as it happens, onto The Fellowship Of The Ring now.
With me I began writing with a vague story in mind, and about half way through everything had come together. The world, plot, characters and everything had just developed well I think.
Of course now I'm returning to the first half to sort out the parts that don't make any sense now and are just plain rubbish, haha.

Good luck with your writing :)

Scribe Lord

Minstrel
Thank you everyone for the welcome! So far I'm mostly just reading what's already here. There's a lot of information to sift through.