• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Critics on The Empire Strikes Back

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Yeah... Harrison Ford, what a mediocre actor. It's cool to see how time can make one's opinions look good or bad.

Sparkie

Auror
John Simon had an axe to grind in this clip.

I've always enjoyed hearing from Roger Ebert on movies. Of the two (Siskel and Ebert), I always kind of thought that Ebert was more talented. If you haven't read some of his reviews, try some. Even if you don't read anything else he wrote, read Roger Ebert's review of the movie North. Just priceless!

Last edited:

Sparkie

Auror
RIP, Roger...

I'm resurrecting this thread because I just found out that Roger Ebert died Thursday. Not sure about anyone else, but I'll miss his reviews.

I can't really agree with the assertion that Harrison Ford is a particularly good actor. He's charming as hell and fun to watch, but rarely has he ever done anything resembling actual acting. When I saw the trailer for 42 I was astonished to see that he was actually trying to play a character, instead of just being the sort of Generic Grumpy Harrison Ford Guy we've seen in most movies he's ever been in.

Meyer

Minstrel
I have to agree somewhat with Benjamin, even though I really like Harrison Ford. I find it quite funny that EotS received so much criticism upon release, but is now considered by many to be the best of the series.