• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

A Wild User Appeared!

Gato Cat

Dreamer
Greetings all! I'd love to introduce myself as a fellow writer but I admit that I do more musing than actually generating much that could be considered innovative. Being quite an introverted being, I'm usually a little uncomfortable about joining groups, on and offline, but all your awesome discussions finally convinced me to 'take the plunge' as it were. :eek:

I am however a Brit studying currently for her final A-Level examinations this summer. I love history, gaming, making dragon figures out of pipe cleaners, much prefer Pepsi over Coke and am quite convinced I'll be a crazy cat lady by the age of thirty.

Stories, fiction and non-fiction, have always been my passion since I was a wee lass and have had a heavy hand in deciding the direction of my life. I'm an avid reader and am hoping to study literature at university if I can get my grades. Regardless, I think it's high time I actually get into the habit of writing more regularly if I'm ever to have a shot at achieving my life goal of writing professionally. Being a long-time lurker, I sense kindred spirits here and look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

teacup

Auror
Hey there, and welcome, I'm also british - english to be exact.
Hope you have a good time here, I surely am :)

One thing: Tea > pepsi, coke and life ;)

Nihal

Vala
"Gato" is a male cat. xD

Welcome, make yourself at home. Wohoo, I would like to see a dragon made of pipe cleaners.

Gato Cat

Dreamer
Hello, fellow Brit! I'm English also with a dash of Scottish from both my grandfathers. :) I admit, tea after a long day beats Pepsi everytime.

Heh, 'Gato' is a long standing in-joke about my own name. Both my names are practically identical so 'Cat Cat' becomes both appropriate and catchy. Pipe cleaner dragons also make interesting companions (who are slowly dominating my room.)

I am a avid fan of cat-themed avatars and usernames. :3 Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Gato Cat

Dreamer
My middle school Spanish lessons do not serve me well it seems. xD I wonder how many people that's confused over the years...

Saigonnus

Auror
Nihal is technically correct (I speak Spanish as a second language), but gato is a generic term for a cat when you don't know or care what gender the cat it. Another thing, many people who speak Spanish sort of slangily use it for a cat whether male or female. It is also used when in plural, even if they are mixed genders. "Los dos gatos son genial" (The two cats are great).

Remember, it's HER user name and she can do whatever she wants.

Nihal

Vala
It's also portuguese. I was just joking, although I could give some good reasons to avoid using it, but I feel it will drag unnecessarily–in first place it wasn't a fight or anything.

You know... No need to be RUDE. =P

Gato Cat

Dreamer
That is sort of a relief. xD It's no worry; thank you very much for the clarification (and the new knowledge! If I ever have a Spanish-speaking friend, I can at least say I know how to say 'cat' correctly.)

Welcome to the Scribes Gato Cat, I think you'll fit in just fine, I'm glad you took the plunge. Yes, now and again I upload cat photos, or talk about my feline companion, so there's quite a few cat lovers here now :cool:. Hope you like it here.