• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings...

...and salutations, everyone. I'm happy to meet you all. I've been searching for a community of fantasy fans and aspiring fantasy writers like myself for what seems like forever, and I hope to make this an online home where I can share my thoughts, opinions, hopes, dreams and ideas with people who love the genre as much as I do. I've been reading and writing fantasy since my early teens, starting out with Piers Anthony's "Xanth" books and quickly elevating from there to the work of Michael Moorcock, Stephen R. Donaldson, Raymond E. Feist, Guy Gavriel Kay, and many, many others. My apartment (and now my Kindle) is overflowing with fantasy books, and my brain, as a result, is overflowing with ideas for my own would-be stories/novels/whatever. It is my hope that becoming a part of this site will help me to find my path as a writer, separating the truly worthwhile ideas from the merely "eh" ones, and then developing the focus and discipline needed to concentrate on developing one idea from a mere concept to a full-fledged viable project.

I'm looking forward to getting to know and learning from all of you. Thanks for being here!

-- Jeff :)

Wreckluse

Scribe
hey Jeff,

welcome to the forum! I'm new here as well, and so far everyone has been extremely helpful and friendly. You came to the right place!

TWErvin2

Auror
Jeff,

Welcome. Donaldson and Moorcock are among my favorites. You migh consider trying Zelazny and Brust.
Glad you joined and looking forward to getting to know you a bit through the forum here.

Terry

I actually have Zelazny's "The Great Book of Amber" and several Brust novels in my "to be read" pile, so I guess I'm kind of ahead of that particular curve. Also a bunch of Glen Cook stuff patiently waiting for me too, along with a lot of other really cool things. ;)

welcome, I joined just a few weeks ago and in my opinion it is a very supportive place. We are all looking forward to your writings!

Codey Amprim

Staff
Article Team
Welcome, Jeff! This is truly a talented and fun community, and I'm sure you'll fit write in. See what I did there? Oh, how I hate puns. Anyways, I hope you enjoy your time on Mythic Scribes, and I hope to see your work and comments on the various subjects all throughout the forum.

Take your shoes off, stay awhile. : )

- Codey

Thank you very much, Codey! As I get acclimated and familiarize myself with things around here, you'll find that once I start posting, it's difficult to get me to stop!

*takes shoes off, hangs up jacket, pulls up a chair and sips from a glass of ice water*

OMG ... sorry for losing your umlauts in translation there. I wonder if they ended up in the same place my socks always go when they're mysteriously translated from the dryer to some unknown dimension. :confused: