• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How did you discover Mythic Scribes?

I came across it on FB (I think -- that may have been a while ago), then on Twitter, then on Goodreads, and that -- at last -- let me here.

That was kind of an epic journey in itself, now that I think about it. Glad to have at last found the Grail!

Fyri

Inkling
I believe I was getting really lonely as a writer and needed someone to talk to about all the fantasy writing entails. I must have typed something into search on facebook and I thought this said Mystic Scribes. Yep, that was for me. After a while I realized it was Mythic Scribes which still rolls smoothly. :) from there, I gave up facebook but couldn't give up my new friend, so I joined the site!

Tevaras

Minstrel
Very droll, and amusing :)

Well, it wasn't easy. In fact, you could say that it was a roll of the dice.

I woke up to find myself in a raucous, smoke-hazed and unfamiliar tavern filled with dwarves, orcs, elves, half-giants and humans...I needed to find out where I was and how I had gotten here. Deep down I knew that it wasn't going to be easy.

Member encounters can be with brazen plagarists or haughty wannabes, thus making it difficult for the party to distinguish each encounter for what it is. (In fact, the encounter could be with a writer only prostituting him / herself as it pleases them, an elderly blogger, or even a goblin.) In addition to the offering of the usual fare, the member is 30% likely to know valuable information, 15% likely to make something up in order to gain a reward, and 20% likely to be, or be with, a thief. You may find it useful to use the sub-table below to see which sort of member encounter takes place:

00 — 10 Slovenly troll
11 — 25 Brazen plagarist
26 — 35 Cheap spammer
36 — 50 Bored teenager
51 — 65 Saucy hobbyist
66 — 75 Blue lotus
76 — 85 Elder dwarf
86 — 90 Social butterfly
91 — 92 Grey sage
93 — 94 Caged maiden
95 — 98 Legendary sidekick
99 — 00
Black dragon

Inspired by The Random Harlot Table in the Original Dungeon Master's Guide
Copyright 1976, TSR (Artistic license by Reaver.)

Tevaras

Minstrel
Regrettably I'm going to buck the common trends, I was introduced by word of mouth of an existing member - name censored to protect the, err, innocent :wink:

Thoroughly enjoying the site, so many articles, so little time ...

Last edited:
I find this website out from googling something along the lines of "fantasy" and "world"

I was finding resources for world building, really.

Sia

Sage
I honestly can't remember. I can see two plausible ways though

1)Stumbled here from a search engine
2) Member on another site threw me over here.

Scribble

Archmage
On Twitter I follow any SFF writers, magazines, reviews, etc... I come across. I found Mythic Scribes along the way like this, and clicked through an article, found the forums.

It was exactly what I was looking for: a community where I could exchange ideas and not feel like such a lonely geek as I dream up stories about alchemy and artificial intelligence. :)

phillipsauthor

Minstrel
Like Scribble, I first found MythicScribes on Twitter, and it was only after a month or two of following the Twitter feed that I realized that it was associated with a website. After that discovery, it took less than five minutes to realize what an awesome place this is and sign up. :)

I was looking to Join a community where i could get some advice on writing.
im thinking of writing my first novel from scratch, and figured i could use the advice :)