• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Stormtrooper Accuracy and other things to dodge

Dio

Dreamer
I hate it when they pull that cheap move and try to make you care for a character by having him go, "I have a daughter back home and it's her birthday!" or "I'm getting married after this battle!" and then inevitably kill them within minutes.

Malik

Auror
One thing I hate is when I see a character in full plate armor have the same dexterity and balance as an Olympic gymnast.

Check this out from about 00:45 thru 2:00. A knight had better range of motion in a Fifteenth Century field harness than a soldier has in a full IOTV today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
If you've ever tried running around in plate, then you know that you can not only do it, but you've have pretty good mobility overall. I found, however, that I couldn't keep it up as long as without armor.

Dio

Dreamer
If you've ever tried running around in plate, then you know that you can not only do it, but you've have pretty good mobility overall. I found, however, that I couldn't keep it up as long as without armor.

Especially if you take into account that most armoured knights were training vigorously from a very young age. While I'm sure they could be out maneuvered by a man in chainmail or leather, the encumbrance of plate armour is often greatly exaggerated.