• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hullo

KRHolbrook

Scribe
Let's see what lame introductory I can create (or steal from another one of mine).

My name's Kristen. I'm an introvert, so it's hard for me to go out and speak openly to people, but when it comes to speaking through my writing, it's much easier. I'm twenty-five years old and have just started writing seriously, having submitted one of my short stories for publishing. I'm ADD, which comes in handy when it comes to thinking of new stories to write.

I mainly delve into urban fantasy, since that's what I read a lot of, but I also write psychological horror. I'm currently working on a supernatural book series, as well as many flash fiction pieces.

Nice to meet you all.

Tom

Istar
Hi Kristen! I'm new here too. My prefered subgenre is epic fantasy, but I do like doing crazy spins on fairy tales in the modern world...
Now that I have officially wierded you out with my randomness...I don't really know where to go from here. Oh well.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Kristen
Welcome To Mythic Scribes [and hello tom - I don't think we've met either]
Find a seat by the fire and join in the craic when you feel like it.
This is a place to waste time, meet people and spin out ideas and tall tales...

Tom

Istar
It was nice to find an online community of people who love fantasy writing. I was a loner until I found Mythic Scribes! Keep up the good work...oh, and nice to meet you too, CupofJoe. :)

Hello Kristen
Welcome To Mythic Scribes [and hello tom - I don't think we've met either]
Find a seat by the fire and join in the craic when you feel like it.
This is a place to waste time, meet people and spin out ideas and tall tales...

Well said Cupofjoe. And welcome Kristen! Good to have another writer among us. Please, make yourself at home. Feel free to use this website as both a tool for information, and a place to chat with other scribes. Both help to further our work, namely; writing. Once again, welcome.

KRHolbrook

Scribe
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I kind of feel like an oddball, seeing as I don't write pure fantasy, but I suppose I'll find my own little niche here with my urban fantasy stories.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I kind of feel like an oddball, seeing as I don't write pure fantasy, but I suppose I'll find my own little niche here with my urban fantasy stories.
"Oddball" is what we all are, to those on the outside at least...
It is part of the Tryptic.
I am Unique
We are Oddball
They are Weird

Welcome to the Scribes Kristen. Yeah, I'm a real introvert myself (offline anyway), it takes people a while to get used to me, mostly because it takes a while for me to open up to people. So yes writing is a great way of having your say, I found a great definition of writing: Poetry is art, and prose is communication :). Anyway, hope you like it here.