• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

So, how are we all?

RK-Summers

Scribe
I have writer's block, so I'm procrastinating here instead of writing :)

How are we all doing tonight? I don't post that often, I hardly ever come here unless I'm really, REALLY stuck. I guess this is one of those times ^-^

adampjr

Scribe
I for one, am doing fantastic.

I just found out Steam released Age of Empires II in HD. That takes me back about a decade. So I'm on top of the world right now.

tlbodine

Troubadour
I am slowly baking in my ridiculously hot house, but otherwise I'm OK. I'm supposed to be working on a batch of articles for a client, but I keep distracting myself with FontSquirrel. Cover design is so much more interesting than press release writing......

RK-Summers

Scribe
Oooh, I used to play Age of Empires religiously. I was never very good at keeping my temples from being destroyed, for some reason...
I love designing covers, I'd spend hours searching for the perfect pictures :)

Fyri

Inkling
Getting inspiration to write after hiding from tornado in my neighbors basement. However, none of my story has a tornado in it so my inspriation will have to be redirected.

Fyri

Inkling
We're fine here, but I'm watching the coverage of the F4/F5 tornado that attacked Oklahoma now. Symapthy for all those people there while we prepare for another set of storms over the weekend. I have all my books downstairs so my babies will be safe! Haha!

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Me... I'm fretting around with a story outline... coming close for it to gel. But it's a sad story... grief and anger, deep emotions. It takes time to get into that mood, and it's already past 11 pm where I am. So either... I start with the tears now and battle it through til I drop... or I lay it off for another day.

Fyri

Inkling
Me... I'm fretting around with a story outline... coming close for it to gel. But it's a sad story... grief and anger, deep emotions. It takes time to get into that mood, and it's already past 11 pm where I am. So either... I start with the tears now and battle it through til I drop... or I lay it off for another day.

I would say, go watch a sad movie or something, but I suppose it is too late to do that. Listen to a song that would describe a scene, character, or situation?

Guru Coyote

Archmage
I would say, go watch a sad movie or something, but I suppose it is too late to do that. Listen to a song that would describe a scene, character, or situation?

Good advice... I have the core ideas for each scene... what I want to transport in each. What I need now is the mood. And not in an abstract way, either. I need to get into that mood my MC would be in.

This really is one of those situations where the only way to get started is to Get Started. Tell the story, beginning with the first word.

I'm still resiting the mood though. I, as a person, am not prone to going deep into emotions. This story requires just that :)

Struggle is part of any creative process. So I struggle.

RK-Summers

Scribe
I'm having the opposite dilemma. Two of my characters are having a warm, loving, intimate chapter, and while they do admittedly love each other, neither of them are the lovey-dovey type. Especially the woman, she's something of an ice-queen.

But no, apparently her lover has taken it upon himself to defrost her...