• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Demons and their goals

In the novel I'm currently planning to write, my main villain - an all powerful demon named Lilith - uses most of her remaining power to trigger worldwide super-volcanic eruptions. To find out more about this i have a separate thread ( http://mythicscribes.com/forums/world-building/8601-does-background-make-sense-implausible.html )

But her reasoning behind this is that with a long enough wait she can corrupt some of the remaining humans and influence them into summoning some of her lesser demon cronies, who will set about the events that will create a vessel for her to inhabit long enough to destroy Earth. Her lesser demons each embody an element (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Light, Darkness, Time and Energy.) And each demon has specific powers unique to their element.

These physical form of these demons is never seen by our characters, as their true forms drive humans mad. Instead they possess people or travel as a cloud of dense, black smoke. Also, possessed humans are very recognisable as they have black eyes, and their skin is riddled with black veins. These traits can be hidden but they require large amounts of energy and cannot be sustained for long.

The job of these demons is to father in a powerful group of half-human/half-demon beings that can be used to summon Lilth into her true vessel.

This is all i have for the minute, but please, if you have any questions, feedback or critiques don't hesitate to ask and I'll do my best to give an informative and insightful response. Thanks a bunch'

Nathan :)

Ciloth

Acolyte
Well, can you explain why Lilith wants to destroy Earth? Also, how would she influence the humans if she can't actually be there?

Those are the questions that popped out to me but I like the way the lesser demons look when their possessing someone.

In Christianity/Judaism (not quite sure as the story differs from source to source) Lilith is possibly the first wife of Adam, from the Adam and Eve story. The most mainstream story is this:

"When God created Adam, he was lonely, so God created Lilith from the same dust from which Adam was molded. But they quarreled; Adam [the proverbial domineering male] wished to rule over Lilith. But Lilith [a militant feminist] was also proud and willful, claiming equality with Adam because she was created from the same dust. She left Adam and fled the Garden. God sent three angels in pursuit of Lilith. They caught her and ordered her to return to Adam. She refused, and said that she would henceforth weaken and kill little children, infants and babes. The angels overpowered her, and she promised that if the mother hung an amulet over the baby bearing the names of the three angels, she would stay away from that home. So they let her go, and God created Eve to be Adam's mate [created from Adam's rib, so that she couldn't claim equality]. And ever since, Lilith flies around the world, howling her hatred of mankind through the night, and vowing vengeance because of the shabby treatment she had received from Adam."

This is why she wishes to destroy Earth, as she wants to destroy everything God (not like Christianity, but an ethereal being who can be as many forms at once as it likes, meaning that it can be the form of every god of every religion all at once.) created because of the foul way he and Adam treated her.

Also, the way she influences the humans is because she is actually on Earth, her true form trapped in in the desiccated body of her last hope, buried deep underground in a cave, where anyone can get in but only pure humans can get out, however powerful Lilith may be. But after she builds up enough strength she can get enough power out to influence people and elements.