• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings!

Tribal

Acolyte
Hello everyone! :) My name is Simen, though I chose the username "Tribal" as it was one of the first forum-names I made up and it has some affectional value to me. The first was Timewalker I believe, back when I was 11 years old, but it seems a bit silly now 11 years later. I'm a Norwegian student of psychology with a deep passion for fantasy, epic stories and colourful characters - not just in terms of books but also TV-series, comic-books, and video games. I'd guess I share at least these last characteristics with a bunch of you, at least I hope so :) I had a childhood dream of becoming a fantasy author (well, more specifically I had a childhood dream of becoming Terry Goodkind, though I reconsider the pony tail today) and while my head has spun ideas of numerous worlds for many years, I've never felt capable of putting things neither together to a connected story nor down on paper for more than ten pages. But I do love writing, I do love fantasy, and I do love the act of imagination. Perhaps, in time and with the fellowship of common-minded, the letters will come more easily! And even if they don't, it'd be little more than silly to skip the possibility and everything between a beginning and a goal!

I think that's more than enough about me; to wrap it up, I look forward to meeting you scribes of myths!

Welcome to the Scribes Simen, good to have you with us. Plenty of common-minded people here, and this is a great place to hone your writing skills and make new friends. Have fun!

Jeff Xilon

Minstrel
Hi and Welcome. At 22 your still way ahead of me for when I finally decide I was going to give writing a serious go. About a decade actually. Seeing how much I've learned and improved in my first year and a bit of really trying I wish I had started years and years ago. So come on in, grab a blank page and dive in.